Home

first time playing since 2006...so many questions

This is a discussion on first time playing since 2006...so many questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Rookie

VolinBrazil's Arena

OVR: 0
first time playing since 2006...so many questions

First of all, sorry if some answers to these questions can be found searching....I wasn't able to find them. Like the title says I haven't played the game in several years so a lot has changed, foremost the PS3 and playstation network thing.

1. My internet connection sucks and I was wondering if I can download rosters and patches to my computer via torrent then import them later (I don't have my PS3 yet and when I get it I will have moved out of the hotel I am currently living in) or is it a quick and easy enough download once I get the PS3 setup?

2. Will the patches update automatically or is that something I manually need to do?

3. Do folks generally release roster updates for older versions of the game? I just bought 2012 but I won't get it for about a month. I saw that the 2013 version is expected to release in July so I am curious if roster updates will be done for both versions.

4. As far as TVs for the game, is there a difference at all between hdtv and full hd? 1080p? (I haven't owned a tv for several years as well)

Thanks for any answers and sorry if they are stupid questions! I am so excited to get my hands on this game for the first time in so long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: first time playing since 2006...so many questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolinBrazil
First of all, sorry if some answers to these questions can be found searching....I wasn't able to find them. Like the title says I haven't played the game in several years so a lot has changed, foremost the PS3 and playstation network thing.

1. My internet connection sucks and I was wondering if I can download rosters and patches to my computer via torrent then import them later (I don't have my PS3 yet and when I get it I will have moved out of the hotel I am currently living in) or is it a quick and easy enough download once I get the PS3 setup?

2. Will the patches update automatically or is that something I manually need to do?

3. Do folks generally release roster updates for older versions of the game? I just bought 2012 but I won't get it for about a month. I saw that the 2013 version is expected to release in July so I am curious if roster updates will be done for both versions.

4. As far as TVs for the game, is there a difference at all between hdtv and full hd? 1080p? (I haven't owned a tv for several years as well)

Thanks for any answers and sorry if they are stupid questions! I am so excited to get my hands on this game for the first time in so long.
1. I think you probably could do this, however I would try connecting to the internet and downloading them...it's not something that takes a large amount of bandwidth by any stretch and its a pretty easy download that you can figure out easily.

2. Patches download automatically so long as your connected to the internet on the console.

3. People do release rosters for past games, and I think there's a project on this site for this exact thing...but I think it would be limited to the opening day rosters, with guesses on freshman contributions and ratings. Most people don't mess with them more than that because they've moved on to the next game.

4. As for TVs...in my personal experience (this isn't a ton of knowledge and I am not an expert in TVs) the game looks very similar, to me at least, on 1080p versus 720p...HD is HD in this situation. And I also seem to recall PS3's not coming with HDMI cables, which alters the HD arguement irrelevant unless you buy some (can any PS3 owners confirm/deny this, I had a friend tell me this but I don't know how true it is)
Old 02-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Rookie

VolinBrazil's Arena

thanks for the reply.

I can find hdmi cables or get them sent my way. if anyone can chime in on whether the cable type makes a difference that would be great.

again, thanks for the reply
Old 02-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Quote:
thanks for the reply.

I can find hdmi cables or get them sent my way. if anyone can chime in on whether the cable type makes a difference that would be great.

They should make a difference. I've noticed quite a difference between the quality of my Xbox graphics between using the default red, yellow, white (I honestly am blanking on the name of said cords lol...AV cables?) versus the HDMI ones.

And no problem, I hope you enjoy the PS3 and this particular game when it comes in. Personally, I can't wait for NCAA 13...I'm hopelessly optimistic that it will be a solid improvement on 12
Old 02-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Rookie

VolinBrazil's Arena

well since I haven't played since 2006 I dont think that I will be able to notice the same problems that folks who have been playing year in and year out notice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Quote:
well since I haven't played since 2006 I dont think that I will be able to notice the same problems that folks who have been playing year in and year out notice.
Well, despite all the problems I still enjoy the game to this day lol...so I think you'll be alright. Best of luck to ya and enjoy the game
Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3

Stay with 06.
Chelsea FC
Old 02-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
thanks for the reply.

Yes, HDMI cables make a big difference. I bought my PS3 a couple years ago on the same day that I had planned a long dinner outing with my wife, parents, and grandparents. The component cables that it came with gave me such a poor picture on my HDTV that I went back out at 11:30 PM to get an HDMI cable. Component cables will probably still look good compared to what you've been playing but HDMI cables are the way to go in my book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »