Home

Was this a fluke? I switched to Heisman and...

This is a discussion on Was this a fluke? I switched to Heisman and... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Was this a fluke? I switched to Heisman and...

I'm playing an offline dynasty, and I've played on All-American level since I got the game. I've been "dominant" in winning virtually all of my games, although sprinkled among the blowouts have been several close-fought games where I had to adapt, and actually coach, to win. Anyway, last night I decided to try a game on Heisman, to see if if I'd at least get a good game ( I actually expected to lose ). I was playing as Iowa, who I've built into a "99's across the board" powerhouse against Rival Minnesota (basically "C" ratings).

First play of the game, I run 90 yds for a TD, and my back proceeded to run for 350 yds and 4 td's in the first half. I ran nothing fancy - just Power O and iso's out of he ace and goal line formations. When I did pass, my guys were open most of the time, QB threw great (he has great ratings), and their D did little to cheat or be "physic". I sacked them at least 8 times without controlling a player on D, and ended up winning 73-7 using virtually no money plays. Just solid, legit football.

I know that the talent gap was severe, but it was Heisman, and a rivalry game. Was this just a fluke? I'm good, but not THAT good - (I don't think). Opinions welcome - thanks!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Was this a fluke? I switched to Heisman and...

"just Power O and iso's out of he ace and goal line formations. "

what kind of cheese do you like?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Well thanks! And I honestly mean that! I just learned something.

I had no idea that recruiting to build a power running game, by getting big, strong lineman and power backs, lining up in run-supporting formations and playing to your teams strength was cheese.

And I'm not being sarcastic! I appreciate the info.

I guess I'll try running out of the - Shotgun? Ace trips? Pistol? I may have to re-think this. or, maybe just throw Thanks goodness I didn't try my normal game online, or as you said, I'd be tagged as Cheese Master.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionman
Well thanks! And I honestly mean that! I just learned something.

I had no idea that recruiting to build a power running game, by getting big, strong lineman and power backs, lining up in run-supporting formations and playing to your teams strength was cheese.

And I'm not being sarcastic! I appreciate the info.

I guess I'll try running out of the - Shotgun? Ace trips? Pistol? I may have to re-think this. or, maybe just throw Thanks goodness I didn't try my normal game online, or as you said, I'd be tagged as Cheese Master.
I think the point he was making wasn't that running a lot is cheese...but running the same 2 plays out of the same 2 formations all game is very much so cheesing
Old 02-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Okay - thanks. I totally get that part. I think I wasn't very clear. I ran a lot out of those formations, but I did mix it up. I threw a lot, too and did mix in some runs out of the I-formation and Pistol. Lots of screens as well.

But his point is understood now - running over and over out of those two formations - I can see how that'd be taking advantage of the poor programming.

I'll try a different approach and see if it helps the games get closer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

The only way I get ANY competition from the CPU is to use ask coach on o and d and only pick one if the three boxes. I do not audible or hot route ever. And I will only call 4 verts if it is the x (middle box) on the ask coach. I will allow myself to slide protection and use smart route so routes will reach first down. If te CPU goes hurry up O, I stay in whatever formation I was in and click down one row of the ask coach then select one of three plays. If it happens to be an all out man blitz and they run slants or verts and i get burned... Tough.
I also do not jump snap bc I get too many sacks so I just start contain my d lineman and use swims and try to beat them . I don't user pick or switch players to mke tackles.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 02-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Are your players normal good players, or are your players of the created variety with 99 in every attribute. Anyone can win with an obscenely good team with all of the players customized to complete dominance. When you can hand the ball off to your full back and watch him outrun anyone, nothing is difficult, particularly when your linemen can keep up and pancake people on the run.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfiggy
Are your players normal good players, or are your players of the created variety with 99 in every attribute. Anyone can win with an obscenely good team with all of the players customized to complete dominance. When you can hand the ball off to your full back and watch him outrun anyone, nothing is difficult, particularly when your linemen can keep up and pancake people on the run.
He mentioned that he "built the team", so I'm going to assume he recruited everyone and his team is a 6-star school now. My team, which has zero created players, is also "99's across the board", so it is possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »