Home

I keep reading about all of the flaws with glitches, playbook problems and cpu AI

This is a discussion on I keep reading about all of the flaws with glitches, playbook problems and cpu AI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Rookie

VolinBrazil's Arena

OVR: 0
I keep reading about all of the flaws with glitches, playbook problems and cpu AI

Have the patches solved most of these problems? I have seen people talk about custom playbooks not being view-able and cpu running silly plays (long field goals for example) are these things still problems? I am only concerned about offline dynasty play.

tia
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I keep reading about all of the flaws with glitches, playbook problems and cpu AI

its better, but EA spent most of their available patches fixing what other patches broke. If you read their official statement you can see they pretty much just gave up on the last patch other than attempting to fix online dynasty issues (still not fully fixed).

Playbooks are 'better' and not game breaking anymore, but there are a bunch of random plays that are unremovable. CPU long field goals were never acknowledged by EA and still exist. CPU still can't run an option team and loves to call plays that never work/dont fit the situation. Coach progression is still jacked. CPU still doesn't recruit its needs many times.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

VolinBrazil's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I keep reading about all of the flaws with glitches, playbook problems and cpu AI

man, I don't remember earlier versions of the game having these problems. is this something that has surfaced in the last few years?

what do you mean by "can't run an option team"?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

most of the issues are from reintroduced elements, so this is the first time they are appearing on the new gen consoles. Only exceptions are option gameplay (existed last year) and online dynasty issues (no idea, but busted). No idea where long FG heisman issue arose from.

The issue with CPU teams running option teams is they dont know what to call when and are too easily shut down. It requires only a very very mediocre knowledge of defense to keep option teams to < 100 yds/game. Ive heard of sliders to fix this, but they are option specific. IE can only use them against option teams unless you want an unstoppable CPU run game if they arent running the triple option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »