Home

Custom Playbooks...User vs. User in BCS Bowls...

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks...User vs. User in BCS Bowls... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2
Custom Playbooks...User vs. User in BCS Bowls...

Do they work anymore in BCS bowls against Users as of the current patches and tuning updates? I am playing (commissioning) a great OD, and I have a custom playbook for offense and defense both. I love using them and am very comfortable with them as well. Recently, I had to play the National Championship vs. another user and we tried like six times to get a game that wouldn't freeze or lock us out with the black screen. Finally, what worked for us was using stock playbooks ("Multiple" for him and "Notre Dame" for me as I am the Irish). The game worked with no glitches, no freezing...only two small "please wait" spinning pinwheels that lasting about two seconds apiece and the standard "half second of lag" when playing another human opponent compared to the CPU. We also did the "roster auto-reorder" trick before entering the game, and so, these two aspects seemed to be enough to keep the game clear enough to play. (Downside: I lost a tight six point game, and Notre Dame's standard playbook blows...but that's beside the point).

Before I abandon the idea of using the custom playbooks for good (doesn't seem logical to use them if I can't ALWAYS use them), does anybody know if they work versus a User in a BCS game? I've played with them against a User in the season with no trouble, but the glitch I've been reading about mostly deals with the BCS bowl games vs. Users. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated...it kind of sucks they make a nice feature like letting you create your own playbook only to make it unusable during the most crucial of times (the National Championship). Thanks in advance for any wisdom imparted!

dre
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Custom Playbooks...User vs. User in BCS Bowls...

i'd like some thoughts as well. my custom playbooks allow me to play however they miss a formation or two during online play. whats also weird is it only gives me one option on kickoff returns instead of the 3. i have to audible to get to onsides kick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »