Home

RB Duos?

This is a discussion on RB Duos? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Rookie

BlackandGarnet's Arena

OVR: 3
RB Duos?

Hey can someone tell me how (if there is a way) to have a rb duo play about equally in a game its too laborious to keep going to the depth chart and i don't want to split halves. Is there a sub-in/out option somewhere in the settings?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: RB Duos?

You can adjust the package of each formation. Just adjust the package (I think it's right analog stick) to Twin HB.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm pretty sure Twin HB has both of your running backs on the field at the same time.

You can set it so certain backs come in on certain formations. It's called "Formation Subs" under one of the "Dynasty" lists. You can go in and select what running back you want in on that specific formation. I do that whenever I have a Dynasty and two running backs I really like. I just change every other formation to implement my second running back.

You can also try changing "Auto-Subs", but I think that effects all teams, not just yours. You could set it so that instead of waiting until he's down to 80 stamina, you can change it to 90 and that'll bring your other back in until the main one is back to 90.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #4
Rookie

BlackandGarnet's Arena

OVR: 3

alright cool thanks
Old 03-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

If you just have two, use the Dual HB, HB Swap/Backup HB and HB Slot packages using the right analog stick. It is a lot easier than formation subs and you can mix and match effectively based on the down & distance and play. Those 3 will allow you to get the backup in the game or get both backs on the field at the same time, depending on their skill set and your offense.

Avoid formation subs because they override the right stick substitutions, meaning whatever sub you put in in the formation sub menu will be there no matter what your depth chart/right stick sub say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

OVR: 0

^^^ Yeah, I use Formation Subs for Special Teams so when I have my 2nd & 3rd stringers playing in the 4th quarter & my starters are in the 2nd & 3rd spots on the Depth Chart, the starters aren't on Special Teams. I hate having my starters running down the field in the 4th quarter & a victory in hand. Just a good way to get injured.

But yeah, I love the "Sub HB" formations, or getting my WR in the slot against a bad DB, etc. Depending on the game situation, I might want my big back in a formation to get a few yards, but in that same formation later in the game I want my speed back to pick up a 7 yarder.

PS, that's how I organize my Depth Chart if I can - have a big bruiser & a lightning guy so I get a different dynamic. Only if I have the right personnel.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathisJones
^^^ Yeah, I use Formation Subs for Special Teams so when I have my 2nd & 3rd stringers playing in the 4th quarter & my starters are in the 2nd & 3rd spots on the Depth Chart, the starters aren't on Special Teams. I hate having my starters running down the field in the 4th quarter & a victory in hand. Just a good way to get injured.

But yeah, I love the "Sub HB" formations, or getting my WR in the slot against a bad DB, etc. Depending on the game situation, I might want my big back in a formation to get a few yards, but in that same formation later in the game I want my speed back to pick up a 7 yarder.

PS, that's how I organize my Depth Chart if I can - have a big bruiser & a lightning guy so I get a different dynamic. Only if I have the right personnel.
Yeah, for my teams with two backs with different skill sets, I put the pass catcher/speed guy first, so I can use HB Slot packages to get him in the slot for jets and motion option as well as passing mismatches vs a LB. Then I HB Sub package to get the power back in the game. That also allows me to go Dual HB package and get the power back at FB in two back sets.

The biggest problem I've had has been on teams where I had 3 or even 4 backs I wanted to get in the game. That was a huge issue in my Nebraska dynasty where the first two seasons had Burkhead and then 3 Freshmen (Abdullah/Green/Heard) behind him and playing the scat back role. In situations like that, I utilize some 3 back formations (Flex and Pistol Cross) and try and get fancy with depth chart ordering.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

I like to change the sub in/out option better. Thats just me though. I usually do put the stamina up to 90 and Ive found that works the best. The formation subs are a good option too. I just like the subs better.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »