Home

FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

This is a discussion on FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #65
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I like taking over bad teams and building them into a contender. I would always start with a FCS school in the PS2 NCAA games and build them up to BCS status over time.

The FIFA and NHL series have hundreds of teams from different leagues, so why can't NCAA football at least get two leagues back in the game like it used to have?

It's even more disappointing in the NCAA series because BCS teams play FCS teams during the regular season, and you're stuck playing fake created teams for those games due to the lack of FCS schools.

Personally, I wish they would go all the way down to Division III with their team selections. I would love to start with a D-III school and gradually work them up to D-I.
All the way down to D-III would be super cool, but we need to walk before we can run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #66
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackattack14
Why do people want FCS teams? They are just a bunch of 40 over scrubs. Just use the good teams already in the game. Not many people would play with them anyways, it would just be a waste of space. Sorry, just my opinion, unless someone can tell me why they should be in the game.

God Bless
There is a huge fanbase for FCS teams and there are some legit ballers. I'm not a fan of North Carolina and never play with them and hardly play against them...does that mean they are a waste of space? Just because you don't want to play with them, doesn't mean there aren't others who do. If I could play a game with only FCS teams, I would.
MLB: Atlanta Braves

Last edited by TallyBoi7; 03-29-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #67
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
You can't compare D2 football to D1. It's a whole different animal. Also, I doubt an explicit FCS football game would sell as well as an explicit FBS game. It's also not worth the memory space to add an extra hundred schools who are not very good.
Except for the 28 FCS schools that had a better record than North Carolina.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #68
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Except for the 28 FCS schools that had a better record than North Carolina.
+1

But really I don't see the excuse EA Tiburon has for this not being included, doesn't make much sense to me when you compare NCAA Football to the likes of Fifa
Old 03-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #69
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quick question. Were they in NCAA Football 06 for the PS2?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #70
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
You can't compare D2 football to D1. It's a whole different animal. Also, I doubt an explicit FCS football game would sell as well as an explicit FBS game. It's also not worth the memory space to add an extra hundred schools who are not very good.
See ILLocano, I think we can see eye-to-eye on the fact that THIS is elitism lol. I think 99% of people that have responded to this thread don't have the view point above. Sadly this view point is more common than it should be...nobody is asking for a purely FCS game, just to have these teams added in.

And if those teams aren't very good, and haven't ever been good Mack, why did North Carolina lose to Furman in Carolina in 1999 28-3? Why did Appalachian State beat Michigan at the Big House? I can go on and on and on...FCS teams deserve respect and can beat anyone on any given day. These teams being good or not being good has nothing to do with why people don't want the teams in the game for 13. The ONLY reason people have hesitations on them adding something like this into the game this year are because of the potential time it would take away from fixing the problems with gameplay.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #71
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
+1

But really I don't see the excuse EA Tiburon has for this not being included, doesn't make much sense to me when you compare NCAA Football to the likes of Fifa
I agree with that, but the fact of the matter is that FIFA is leaps and bounds ahead of NCAA in terms of being a good game right now. FIFA is consistently an excellent game that accurately portrays soccer in the on and off the field experiences offered. Sadly, NCAA hasn't done this since the last gen. So while the game is made by the same company, the developer teams are different and honestly...the comparison isn't fair to FIFA at all, NCAA doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as FIFA right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #72
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Quick question. Were they in NCAA Football 06 for the PS2?
Yep. FCS Schools have/had been in the PS2 version for years.

IVY League: Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, Yale
CAA: Maine, UNH, UMass, Northeastern, Hofstra, URI, Villanova, Delaware, Towson, Richmond, James Madison, William & Mary
SoCon: Appalachian St., Chattanooga, Citadel, Elon, Furman, Georgia Southern, Samford, Western Carolina, Wofford
MEAC: Bethune-Cookman, Delaware St. Floriada A&M, Hampton, Howard, Morgan St., Norfolk St., North Carolina A&T, South Carolina St.
OVC: Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville St., Murray St., Southeast Missouri St., Tennessee-Martin, Teeneessee St., Tennessee Tech
MVFC: Illinois St., Indiana St., Missouri St., Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, Western Illinois, Youngstown St.
Southland: McNeese St., Nicholls St., Northwestern St., Sam Houston St., Stephen F. Austin, Southeastern Louisiana, Texas St.
Big Sky: Eastern Washington, Idaho St. Montana, Montana St. Northern Arizona, Portland St. Sacramento St., Weber St.
SWAC: Alabama A&M, Alabama St. Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Alcorn St. Grambling St. Jackson St., Mississippi Valley St., Prarie View A&M, Southern, Texas Southern.

So 78 teams were in. Of course WKU was in the MVFC back in '06, but I didn't include them since they've since moved up to I-A. Those were all the I-AA teams in NCAA Football 10 which is the last PS2 version I got.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »