Home

Online Dynasty for 30+, mature, social, gamers

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty for 30+, mature, social, gamers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Rookie

joker1170's Arena

OVR: 1
Online Dynasty for 30+, mature, social, gamers

(This is part of an ORIGINAL post by ODOGG)
I'm looking for 30+ year old gamers who enjoy playing the game realistically, have a headset and are available for one game every 3 days. This is for PS3. We are using custom sliders on All-American, 8 minute quarters, but will leave it on default sliders until first season is over. Everyone must start out with a 1 star team form one of this 3 conferences- WAC, MAC. SUNBELT. We need at least 3 teams in each conference.

Headsets are encouraged but not required. Playing online is a social experience. If we wanted to play in dead silence, without any social interaction, we could play the computer! I have run several leagues before and found that things run much smoother when people are talking. Not just that but it seems people play more realistically when they are talking with someone. I think it has something to do with "humanizing" your opponent; you are less apt to do questionable stuff. Just a note though: you don't have to talk constantly during games, especially in close games, 4th quarter, etc, if you're concentrating but you do have to have a working headset and not be afraid of a little banter, when appropriate.

ABOUT US: WE are guys who work 9 to 5 jobs, with wives/girlfriends/kids/etc and just like to kick back and relax and play some NCAA 12 in the evenings and on the weekends. Now with that being said if real life delays games so be it please understand. Most of us have played NCAA since the series began but we're not super great, super skillful, top of the leader board, fanatics about the game. For us NCAA football is about fun and the social experience, not the must-win attitude that so many people online seem to have. We also enjoy writing up our online dynasties a bit so that helps if you're not afraid to create or embellish your online dynasty stories! It's not just about the games; it's about talking about them as well!

Advancing:
We will advance every 72 hours or sooner if everyone has set there "ready to advance" to on. The advance will take place around 11pm (CST) on weekdays and around 10am (CST) on weekends.

Scheduling:
I will try and schedule 3 user games per person per year. They will be selected so this year you play 3 teams and next year you will play the other 3 guys. I will take requests and I can even set it to an every year rival if it is agreed on. The lower seeded team in the preseason will have the home field advantage.

User vs User Games:
Don’t be disrespectful and run the score up. That will not be tolerated and action will be taken.

User vs Computer Games:
If you are up by more than 14 punt the ball or kick a field goal. Do not cheese.
If you are up 28 in the 4th qtr you must put your 2nd string in. (We better see stats for these kids)

Restarts:
You are allowed 1 "mulligan" if you will a year. Meaning you can restart any game (other then user vs user) at anytime, Anymore than that, it must be a frozen game and you have to let me know about it.

Punishments:
First offender - Star QB will be benched for 1 game
Second offense - Star QB and RB will be benched for 1 game
Third offense - Coach is put on a 5 game ban
There is no fourth offense - you are just booted and will not be asked back.

Coach Status:
Everyone must stay at same school for 2 years at first until you accept a new job at another school. After first 2 years you can move up only one star at a time, but you only have to stay one season from then on out.

I would really like to have a great core group of guys. I would like to get the kinks worked out and then carry this dynasty over to NCAA13.

Disclaimer:
Rules are subject to change with the majority vote of the members. I wish you all luck in many great seasons to come.

If you're interested please post your PSN name and email address or phone number (for texting).

Thanks and see you on the gridiron!

Last edited by joker1170; 03-25-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Online Dynasty for 30+, mature, social, gamers

ill join.

I don't have a mic but if this turns out to be a quality league then I wouldnt be opposed to getting one.

PSN: jeffUThorns
Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

I love these rules and regulations I'd like to join I'm a fair straight competitive gamer shoot me a text 228-860-5010 and my PSN is BiloxiBoy11

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 03-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
Rookie

joker1170's Arena

OVR: 1

Ok guys, I will be trying to get the DYNASTY set up and going by Friday Night, let me know what team you want to start out with. Remember only pick teams in WAC, MAC, SUNBELT- 1 star only we are all staring out at the bottom, thanks. I will text you with your team and the start of dynasty. FYI- here is my number so you can text me if you need.....501-256-9518

Last edited by joker1170; 03-29-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

Im not 30, but i am in the same dilemma as you all. This is what ive been looking for for a long time. if there is a spot left. id love to join

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11

I so wish I wouldnt have traded 12 in for Fifa! Damn! Guess theres always next year...!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

This league had great potential because it had great rules set in place but Commissioner(Joker1170) won't respond to text messages, PSN messages, or anything so NO LEAGUE

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

guys if any of you would like to join a dynasty id be willing to do an exact dynasty like this. it has a good base to work with and i can create a facebook group where we can communicate and such. if you all would like to do this let me know.

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »