Home

Running with the QB...

This is a discussion on Running with the QB... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Running with the QB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathisJones
I have a QB who could've switched to WR successfully (best spin move on the team, best agility, good hands, etc) & I have no problem with getting yards with him. He gets sacked a lot because I think I can get out of more than I should, but I averaged like 7 or 8 yards an attempt when he was a back up & about 4 the first year as a starter.

The trick is to not try to outrun defensive ends to the outside. If the pocket breaks, use it to your advantage & run UPFIELD, not side-to-side. Wide Receivers will block for you & you could break some big runs. I had a 90 yarder against LSU in the National Championship game.
This. With mid to upper 80 speed and low 80 accel you are rarely going to beat a de or lb to the corner, even with a 90/90 qb its rare to get the corner but if you read the dline and slip through back up the middle you can run for days, make a backer or safety miss and its 7. The speed option out of the gun is basically useless and most of the time I don't even try to make the read and pitch, its get north and south and try to hit a cut back lane. I've had much more success with the read option (especially formations where the rb is set deeper than the qb) and the qb power ( don't use Sprint till the hole opens) just finished a season with a 1000 yd rusher/2500 yard passer at qb and that included taking to many sacks trying to make something happen
Old 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

Agreed with the two above. If you bootleg to the edge, you're done. You gotta drop back and then scramble up the middle and then try to cut to the edge.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks guys! I tried out the tips and had much better results running this evening. I think I had 12 carries for 69 yards or something like that. What I was doing wrong was almost always bootlegging to the outside right or left and running into a DE, OLB or CB every time. I was thinking with the speed and athleticism they wouldn't pose as big of a threat, but they are a near lock to always get you. But, up the middle, like you all mentioned they react far less quickly. Plus, as the gentleman above mentioned, the WR's do actually block for you! I sprang a 15 yard run with the help of a good inside block from my slot receiver. Once again, thanks for the helpful tips on the subject!

dre
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

Whenever I run with my qb he turns a deep purple and has 0 energy left. He then cannot throw a pass to save his life haha and this is after a 5 yard run for my life out of bounds.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
Rookie

Custon 89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
Whenever I run with my qb he turns a deep purple and has 0 energy left. He then cannot throw a pass to save his life haha and this is after a 5 yard run for my life out of bounds.
Same here.(i think I'm using SEC's sliders) players with low stamina(85 or lower) get tired quickly especially after breaking tackles.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #14
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

I'm guessing there is no "slide" button for the QB anymore (I haven't found one at least). Good to see the CPU's QB can take off and run, then slide for safety but our USER QB's gotta take a beating and potentially cough up the football.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1919
I'm guessing there is no "slide" button for the QB anymore (I haven't found one at least). Good to see the CPU's QB can take off and run, then slide for safety but our USER QB's gotta take a beating and potentially cough up the football.
To slide, tap square before tackle animation is engaged on PS3 or tap X on the 360. If you hold it, they will dive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

Well hell yeah brother...thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »