Home

0 point scholarship offers? What do they mean?

This is a discussion on 0 point scholarship offers? What do they mean? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
0 point scholarship offers? What do they mean?

I took over at Cal in my OD during the coaching carousel section, so now I am handling their recruiting in the offseason. I noticed that they had several players that they had recruited all the way up to 100% interest but never actually offered a scholarship to. But for several of them, when I offered I got 0 points and a sarcastic answer (damned lippy teenagers). Does that mean they won't sign?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: 0 point scholarship offers? What do they mean?

No. It means they have been offered by your school previously. Therefore, when you offer them again (after being removed from your board) you don't get the substantial bonus of the initial offer.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
No. It means they have been offered by your school previously. Therefore, when you offer them again (after being removed from your board) you don't get the substantial bonus of the initial offer.
So the AI offered them and then yanked it? Weird, I didn't know them to do that.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

The other one is that you sometimes press the button too fast. If you're like me, you're trying to get through recruiting as fast as possible and sometimes it'll pop up and say 0 because you're going so fast the game doesn't recognize it.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
The other one is that you sometimes press the button too fast. If you're like me, you're trying to get through recruiting as fast as possible and sometimes it'll pop up and say 0 because you're going so fast the game doesn't recognize it.
This^

i actually think its a glitch cuz it does it on scholarships and ive had it do it on pitches. the worse is when u only call someone for 10mins and u end up wasting ur only pitch getting 0 pts.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5

when you take over a new team after coaching carousel, the AI always takes 10-15 guys off your board, and you have to go and add them again to recruit them. Its weird, it kinda makes sense because your a new coach and you have to recruit these kids yourself now, but you should get some bonus out of it.

On a recruiting note, they should have a pitch be the playbook that your coach runs, so that in this case. a Pro-style QB will be more interested in, say, Stanford, and less in SMU or etc.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Theory 42
On a recruiting note, they should have a pitch be the playbook that your coach runs, so that in this case. a Pro-style QB will be more interested in, say, Stanford, and less in SMU or etc.
This feature used to be in some of the previous games (Coach Philosophy, I believe it was called) but I never understood why it was removed.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Old 03-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
This^

i actually think its a glitch cuz it does it on scholarships and ive had it do it on pitches. the worse is when u only call someone for 10mins and u end up wasting ur only pitch getting 0 pts.
From my understanding, you still get the points, you just do it too fast that the points on the screen show up as 0.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »