Home

NCAA Football 13 Sights and Sounds Webcast

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Sights and Sounds Webcast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: NCAA Football 13 Sights and Sounds Webcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
I'm sure there will be some good nuggets today, but this line from EA has lowered my expectations a bit for today

"Presentation related items not tied to specific game modes will be discussed here. Meaning that if something is tied only to dynasty or RTG, it will be discussed during that playbook"

which tells me that there will still be a lot of unanswered questions in the sight and sounds department.

for example:

some people are asking about college gameday...
you'll have to wait till they talk about dynasty mode for that
I'm sure the info will be good. But the presentation part of it they want keep a secret for now and until they are sure certain things can remain in the final game. That is why they are holding off on the presentation of it I guess for another month I guess.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Sigh,

Come on guys/girls. Isn't this the way it is every year. Anticipation over socks, dreadlocks, sounds, mascots and then you play the game. Bitch sessions ensue and everyone claims they will not buy it next year. Rinse and repeat and EA makes a fortune. I always wait and buy the previous year at a bottom basement price of 10 bucks or so at gamestop, amazon, etc. So while you guys are bitching about 13 and what EA didn't do, I will be playing 12 with the same bugs but slightly crappier graphics.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #19
Rookie

COACH WEBB's Arena

OVR: 3

I used to be really excited for all of the new college news, just not there this year.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbrother
Sigh,

Come on guys/girls. Isn't this the way it is every year. Anticipation over socks, dreadlocks, sounds, mascots and then you play the game. Bitch sessions ensue and everyone claims they will not buy it next year. Rinse and repeat and EA makes a fortune. I always wait and buy the previous year at a bottom basement price of 10 bucks or so at gamestop, amazon, etc. So while you guys are bitching about 13 and what EA didn't do, I will be playing 12 with the same bugs but slightly crappier graphics.
How's the weather up there on your pedestal?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

Always love reading the different reactions to things on here. It's what keeps me wanting to come to work daily and also makes this job fresh...

The webcast idea really came from us looking at forums like OS and the desire from fans for more of a direct interaction and understanding of where things are coming from. Normally, you'd get a dev blog, video, and screens today on what's new from a Sights and Sounds perspective. Still good stuff, but there's only so much that a dev team member can write and there's only so much one person is willling to read.

This is a very similar approach to how we present what is new for each section of the game at our community events. The difference is those guys can stop us in person and ask questions right away. This will be more of a presentation.

From there, we want you to go and still read the blog, talk amongst each other, and then lay out the questions that you still have. We'll be taking as many of the questions as we can and answering them on the NCAA Football webcast. Again, this is another new layer to improve out interaction and to provide as deep of a look as we can at this point.

Get used to the format. We'll be doing it for every announcement that we make around NCAA Football this year. I hope you guys find it informative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #22
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Thanks for the heads up Dewiel. So will we still get pictures/videos and a detailed blog, or is this webcast the only thing that will be going down today?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Thanks for the heads up Dewiel. So will we still get pictures/videos and a detailed blog, or is this webcast the only thing that will be going down today?
All of that other stuff will be dropping today after the webcast. Essentially, look at it as the webcast is the whole story for the hardcore fans who want that much detail. After that, we'll post everything else for those who may only want to watch a video, look at screens, or read a blog.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Numbers,

still love me?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »