Home

NCAA Football 13 Sights and Sounds Details with Video and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Sights and Sounds Details with Video and Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 13 Sights and Sounds Details with Video and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc0011
Looks exactly the same as NCAA 2012. Garbage
look at the 34 second mark. Bottom left corner. The ball carrier spins out of one tackle and before the animation ends, he is hit by the defender. You can tell the animation is not finished because his left foot does not touch the ground. This is something the community has been crying for, for years. If ALL tackling animations look this good, then this is nothing like any NCAA game we've seen.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 04-02-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #66
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
look at the 34 second mark. Bottom left corner. The ball carrier spins out of one tackle and before the animation ends, he is hit by the defender. You can tell the animation is not finished because his left foot does not touch the ground. This is something the community has been crying for, for years. If ALL tackling animations look this good, then this is nothing like any NCAA game we've seen.
had it in 12
Old 04-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 22

Are you guys seriously complaining about the "look"?

Hell, you don't know if it's an older build of the game and they're waiting until the 17th to show off the razzle dazzle.

You're honestly going to let 3 seconds of gameplay decide if you pick up the game or not?

Pathetic. Some of you are damn right pathetic.

Wait until the 17th, then you can judge

Edit: Also, i'd like to point out, NCAA 12 is a BEAUTIFUL game... Graphically. it's top notch..i don't mind the graphics being the same at all to be honest.

Last edited by OGKing; 04-02-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #68
Rookie

ComebackDylan's Arena

OVR: 1

You guys realize that the players aren't wearing helmets when hoisting the trophies? I haven't seen that since like NCAA 07 or whenever. Genuinely excited now.

Also, wait until all the blogs, videos and images about this game are released before looking like crybabies on the internet.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #69
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

About what I expected. And that's not a good thing.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #70
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Are you guys seriously complaining about the "look"?

Hell, you don't know if it's an older build of the game and they're waiting until the 17th to show off the razzle dazzle.

You're honestly going to let 3 seconds of gameplay decide if you pick up the game or not?

Pathetic. Some of you are damn right pathetic.

Wait until the 17th, then you can judge

Edit: Also, i'd like to point out, NCAA 12 is a BEAUTIFUL game... Graphically. it's top notch..i don't mind the graphics being the same at all to be honest.
Your last point is really what I've been saying. I've thought the graphics have been pretty solid and wouldn't be upset at all if they were exactly the same in 13 with gameplay getting overhauled.

I think people do have a right to get frustrated that so much attention is being given to things that frankly matter very little (2 1/2 weeks to render the cheerleaders, the new 3D menu system which they admit was incredibly difficult to do, screen wipes, etc). These are things that the vast majority of us could care less about. To be honest, I wish they would make the menu even more simple given the brutal menu lag that has plagued this series for years. I guess I just don't understand why these things have taken such a primary focus over the last few years.

Then we have things like moving clouds and real time lighting, which I admit are fantastic features which I will love, but will it matter when you can't play an online/OD night game? It just seems like EA misses the boat on things like that, so while they make improvements, it ends up not being a big deal.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #71
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Your last point is really what I've been saying. I've thought the graphics have been pretty solid and wouldn't be upset at all if they were exactly the same in 13 with gameplay getting overhauled.

I think people do have a right to get frustrated that so much attention is being given to things that frankly matter very little (2 1/2 weeks to render the cheerleaders, the new 3D menu system which they admit was incredibly difficult to do, screen wipes, etc). These are things that the vast majority of us could care less about. To be honest, I wish they would make the menu even more simple given the brutal menu lag that has plagued this series for years. I guess I just don't understand why these things have taken such a primary focus over the last few years.

Then we have things like moving clouds and real time lighting, which I admit are fantastic features which I will love, but will it matter when you can't play an online/OD night game? It just seems like EA misses the boat on things like that, so while they make improvements, it ends up not being a big deal.
I pretty much agree.

Besides I pretty much hate the player models. I like last gens so much better. And actually I like NCAA 06s menu the best out of every NCAA game. It was simple and showed classic college moments.

Well, actually I like everything in last gen more than i like everything this gen. I'd be 100% happy if they just rerelease NCAA 06 with updated player textures.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #72
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Overreaction Sports is back at it. LOL hahaha this was a sizzle video about trophy presentations not gameplay.
Why did they show gameplay at all, if they don't want people to comment on it?

Both gameplay clips at 0:35 (in the upper right and the bottom left) are ugly, ugly, UGLY clips. The running animation saddens me because it implies player movement hasn't been touched at all, and the bottom right supports that as well.

But as far as the 'sights and sounds'.

1. The sound was awesome. Unfortunately, I still don't know if that kind of awesome sound will be dynamic. Will the crowd cheer at appropriate times? Long run, sacks, big hits, ball in the air? I can't tell you how many times I got a pick 6, and my home crowd didn't change their tune at all.

The dead silence when the away team makes a play needs to stop as well.

2. Please, please, please remove 3d menus and things like that. The lag last year was HORRIBLE. It took several seconds just to change from one option to the next. It might have contributed to the freezing issues. I'd take a simple menu that moves quickly over any flashy menus that take forever to move.

3. EA is still getting the camera angles wrong. I wish they would simply watch a game on ESPN and copy exactly what they see. The pre-game footage on NCAA 12/13 looks so boring because the close up and medium shots are so closed up. The 5-6 people in the stands at the front row is not how ESPN does their shots of fans. They makes the atmosphere feel like a HS game instead of a game inside of a packed stadium.

(0:37-0:42, 0:52-0:57 this whole thing needs to be scrapped. I hate how enclosed it feels.)

(I understand some of these shots aren't possible on this gen when trying to capture fans but 1:24 or 0:31-0:38 could be done. You don't have to do each individual crowd member because as shown in the video, you can't even clearly see the crowd individually. But you see a mass of people all moving in unison, and it's an intimidating. It's a sight and sound of major college football. If you're going to do pre-game entrances, then do them right with the broadcast style camera angles.)

Last edited by DorianDonP; 04-03-2012 at 12:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »