Home

Coaching Carousel is Trash. Re-invent it in '13.

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel is Trash. Re-invent it in '13. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #25
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Coaching carousel was one of the best parts of 12 for my friends and I and is what made both our online dynasties a lot of fun, I look forward to how the improve on it (and fix some of the problems some of you have had).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #26
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Coaching Carousel is Trash. Re-invent it in '13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Good list. I'll add 1) spring game and 2) picking your captain/impact players. Hell we've been calling for these ever since they took 'em out.
If they would just let us export our teams so we could play them in play now or online against friends they wouldn't have to worry about every trying to implement a spring game option.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #27
Banned

t2jBird's Arena

OVR: 8

I would be over the moon if they gave us a set of coach ratings, and you were able to hire/fire coordinators - that also had a set of ratings - this year.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #28
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jBird
I would be over the moon if they gave us a set of coach ratings, and you were able to hire/fire coordinators - that also had a set of ratings - this year.
Hell yeah coach ratings would be ideal. The more depth across the board, the better the dynasty experience. I don't understand why EA Tiburon can't fathom this concept.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Just to add to the madness...

I finally had a little free time and decided to start a new dynasty. I went with my teambuilder team because I've had some fun with those over the years. I settled on using the coaching contracts because I like to see other teams change it up as it progresses. Anyway, I simulated the first year just because I like to get some new recruits under my belt before I really get underway. The team I created was a cupcake team rated 60 overall, which makes them the worst team on the game. The season sims and the team goes 4-8. I thought that was pretty decent. Apparently the game disagreed. I got fired. Why? Because I failed to win 6 games or 8 games. Those were literally the only goals missed. Needless to say I turned the game off and have no reason to turn it back on. I really wanted to play too.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

The carosel is so bipolar in this game. You can win 3 straight NC games as a coordinator at USC and get the only offer from Buffalo. Restart the game and get offered by LSU. It's not consistent enough. The best is I just came off a bad season with USCe following a championship run. My contract expired and I wanted to test the market. Only offer was HC of the Gamecocks (previous job), and OC for Vanderbilt. Are you serious bro?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #31
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
I like that its not super predictable, but it seems to have that setting turned to 11.

Hope it gets a lot of love in 13, including being able to better express your interest in potential openings and more feedback related to your status with your club and potential opportunities that you may see come next carousel.

Stuff like:

- xyz school unhappy with their offense, may be targeting coach mestevo for OC.

Then you lose a couple games and see that kind of chatter fade, etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd like to see money incorporated too somehow.

If you accept a Job for 2 Mil a year or whatever, that money should be put towards your bank and with the money you could buy like coach attributes or recruiting pitches or something.

I got this idea from NBA 2k12, in My Player you can spend money on attribute upgrades and other things.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »