Home

OK i gotta do this SHORT SOCKS?????

This is a discussion on OK i gotta do this SHORT SOCKS????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: OK i gotta do this SHORT SOCKS?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
What you see on Saturdays right? :P
They're still using that catch phrase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
I dunno how EA continues to screw this up. The community that they SOOOO value has been telling them that they need to fix this for, what, 5 years or so? To compare it to The Show, I and other Dodger fans told Kolbe that the blue was too light, and SCEA fixed it the next year. We tell the NCAA guys that nobody wears short socks anymore in 2008, yet it's still in the game.
Different companies, different attitudes, different talent... and it shows.

And not to make things more gloomy, but I don't think there is any new equipment (except a couple helmets) being added this year according to the recent podcast.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #34
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff George
That's a cool personal anecdote and all, but your group of friends in no way represents a statistically relevant sample size, especially when we're talking about roughly 900,000 people who purchased the game last year. Not everyone notices sock length. The fact that EA doesn't set the default sock length to a more realistic height does not indicate that they're incapable of achieving accuracy in other aspects of the game, as evidenced by their laser-scanning of the new North Texas and FAU stadiums. It simply means that "accurate sock height" isn't high on their list of priorities. Clearly, you believe it should be, since it ruins your "suspension of disbelief." But you're already having to suspend a lot of belief considering you're sitting in a chair using a plastic controller to simulate a game in which 200-300-lb. men violently crash against each other.
It's an accurate sample size if the majority of other people on here are saying that they would like this issue fixed. You just kind of come off like a jerk here really. For instance, I don't really care about stadiums being perfected to the finest detail, but by no means does that mean I tell people that their opinion is wrong, and that ea should not add that into the game. Furthermore, as evidenced by the fact that they already have everything in the game needed to appease everyone (for now) about the socks. All they have to do is change the default setting to MID. It is very simple, so it really does not matter where it falls on EA's list of priorities because it would take 30 seconds to change the setting. And again. Your argument is based in an incorrect line of thinking on your part. If a company cannot realize that minor details are huge in making a game that is good, then they will continue to create games with big huge additions. Those additions will either be flawed with glitches, or they lack depth and eventually only consist of a few animations. And EA has proven that its method of improving this game is implementing flawed "big ticket" features, and then fixing a few things people have been complaining about for years. This is a nice argument and all, but you might not be smart enough to wrap your head around simple reason.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #35
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

EA Sports slogan forever has been "If it's in the Game. it's in the Game" right? Except that it's not. It rarely is. I enjoy this game but I completely agree with this OP. A lot of little noticeable things are missing such as sock length. But until there is solid or really any other college football video game as competition on the market this is how it's unfortunately going to be...and honestly we would probably have to pay for those socks in a DLC later...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #36
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm confused. I never noticed this.

But do these count as short socks?

Vince Young

Andrew Luck

Tim Tebow

Because if so, I don't think they're that uncommon...
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #37
Rookie

snowa16's Arena

OVR: 0

All of the default socks in the game seem to be this length... I don't really see the problem.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #38
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowa16

All of the default socks in the game seem to be this length... I don't really see the problem.
Those are mid length in the game. This is what they wore in the 90's that nobody wears that seems to be the default in the game ...

Old 04-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #39
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I'm confused. I never noticed this.

But do these count as short socks?
No, in game terms those are mediums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowa16

If that was true you would be right. Sadly, it isn't.

This is what short socks look like in NCAA:

And this is what Houston's socks should look like:

Last edited by coogrfan; 04-05-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #40
Rookie

COACH WEBB's Arena

OVR: 3

I was also hoping that they would add new cleats (and a variety of cleats) from the various companies and new gloves as well. But from what I understand the only need additions to equipment are the new jerseys and a couple new face masks.

Like these should have BEEN in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »