Home

April 17 is the most important date since the first release this gen.

This is a discussion on April 17 is the most important date since the first release this gen. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: April 17 is the most important date since the first release this gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
On April 17, they will announce some new passing system and that they added X00 new animations.

The problem isn't that we lack animations. They could add 10,000,000 animations and still not touch the real problems of gameplay: physics don't matter, blocking schemes don't matter, option plays (which I was super excited about when they finally "fixed" them in '11) are still broken, etc.

Every year there are X00 new animations.

Yes, I'm being a Debbie Downer. But there's a track record here - we get the same game every year, one that doesn't play like football at all...but they add some animations!
I also think the problem is they don't add realistic animations and interactions. Also there isn't enough variety.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

This is the first year I ever sold Madden and NCAA both. I thought both were train wrecks.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
That being said, I would hope the NCAA team sees the gripes from the majority of us OS users.
Don't hold your breath man. It ain't gonna happen. We'll get a slightly tweaked version of last years game with no major changes that impact the core game in any substantial way. They just won't do it. I think they can't do it. They don't have the vision or will to change their game in any substantial way, regardless of how much anyone gripes about it. They already have a solid estimate how many copies they will sell (based on the history of the game), the expectation is set and it most likely will be hit and they'll all give each other high fives and be excited that they hit their number. It's the same thing every year man...nothing is going to change unless they miss their expected sales numbers.

Last edited by misterkrabz; 04-04-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'll openly admit that maybe I was a bit too quick to rush to judgment for the "Sights and Sounds" yesterday. The main reason is because I get so annoyed with them focusing on that when the major flaw the last few years has been obvious errors in actual gameplay.

Like you, I'm waiting until April 17th to trash EA/Tiburon again. If they fall flat with their gameplay information I'm done with this franchise for at least this year. Possibly Madden too, I'll just go back to being a shooter/sandbox gamer only.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
With this likely being the last NCAA game before EA starts completely fresh with the new consoles (PS4/Xbox 720/Wii U), I doubt they devote the energy into going all out for gameplay.
The assumption is strong with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Don't hold your breath man. It ain't gonna happen. We'll get a slightly tweaked version of last years game with no major changes that impact the core game in any substantial way. They just won't do it. I think they can't do it. They don't have the vision or will to change their game in any substantial way, regardless of how much anyone gripes about it. They already have a solid estimate how many copies they will sell (based on the history of the game), the expectation is set and it most likely will be hit and they'll all give each other high fives and be excited that they hit their number. It's the same thing every year man...nothing is going to change unless they miss their expected sales numbers.
That's cute. You might want to pay more attention.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0

you can already tell weight and physics dont matter in this years game
by looking at the blur motion video...watching that play run down the field at full speed and then stops on a dime when he's engaged with the blocker
Old 04-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm already beginning to think that the gameplay is never going to be as good as we want it to be on this Gen. What I am hoping for, however, is that EA can give us a playable game that did its best to improve in every aspect.

Gameplay isn't going to be on the level of the Show. Thats for sure. But it can improve. A new passing system seems like a start, and a weight/momentum detection system would go a long way.

The audio issues seem like they're being taken care of, and improves on.

The game is already great visually, that doesn't seem like its going to change. Weird that they didn't add 3D grass to actual gameplay, however.

They finally gave us Coaching Carousel last year, so it would make sense that that will be better this year.

Commentary is going to be improved, if not drastically different.

I could go on and on. But the best thing we can ask EA for at this point, and get (realistically) is that they improve what they have built up to this point. The wheel isn't going to be re-invented when they are just going to have to build/use a different engine a couple of years from now.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #16
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I am making assumptions and speculating. It's what we do on forums related to games that haven't been released.

IMO, the rumors that have leaked about Playstation Orbis, and Xbox 3 are legit. I think we'll be moving to new consoles around the holidays of 2013, at the latest 2014.

The major issue game-play wise is the engine. I doubt EA feels an incentive to fix the engine when they know they'll be starting over soon. I see this game (NCAA 13) being the last game this gen where there won't be an official announcement for next gen consoles. By the time NCAA 14 is being developed for PS3/Xbox 360, EA will also be simultaneously working on NCAA 14 for the new consoles.

That would make NCAA 13 the last "true" NCAA game of this gen. Are they going to change the core gameplay for the last game?

All of that is my opinion. But I base that opinion on a variety of things.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 04-04-2012 at 03:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »