Home

April 17 is the most important date since the first release this gen.

This is a discussion on April 17 is the most important date since the first release this gen. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4
April 17 is the most important date since the first release this gen.

I have had it with the NCAA game and last year was the last joke on me. Borrowed the game from a friend bc I wasn't wasting $60 again. I'm glad I didn't buy as this series is nowhere near what it could be.

That being said, I would hope the NCAA team sees the gripes from the majority of us OS users. There have to be more players that feel the same as we do, but not care enough to voice their opinions. I have two friends that have not bought the game in the last couple of releases. This can change with a GREAT blog/discussion on April 17 about gameplay.

The NCAA team has plenty of topics from this site alone that shows them what we want. We are making their job easier for them and they continue to ignore us. That can change in the new blog. Their reputation has been diminished in recent years and this blog will go a long way into getting me back to spending $60 if this April 17 blog delivers and it continues into release. I'll still hold off and not preorder or buy on release date, but if NCAA can hit on the things we ask for in the next gameplay blog I'll feel better about the direction at least.

EA I know it's early to release a lot of info, but you're going to have to sell me on April 17 if you even want me to consider a purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: April 17 is the most important date since the first release this gen.

With this likely being the last NCAA game before EA starts completely fresh with the new consoles (PS4/Xbox 720/Wii U), I doubt they devote the energy into going all out for gameplay.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
With this likely being the last NCAA game before EA starts completely fresh with the new consoles (PS4/Xbox 720/Wii U), I doubt they devote the energy into going all out for gameplay.
I doubt that. It's possible that, by release day 2013, only the Wii U will be available, and I doubt they would do a complete overhaul at that point. Even if one or both of the others were released by then, it would probably be too early in their life for anything other than what's mostly a port with better graphics. I wouldn't expect a radical change until 2014.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #4
Banned

raquelraul12's Arena

OVR: 0

or 2015 =((((
Old 04-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelraul12
or 2015 =((((
Yeah, I meant 2014 at the earliest. Who knows when they will overhaul anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
When have they ever devoted into going all out for gameplay? Last gen maybe?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

Next gen systems wont be here that soon, for sure not by 2013. Hopefully they arent gonna wait that much longer to make the "big improvements."
Old 04-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

On April 17, they will announce some new passing system and that they added X00 new animations.

The problem isn't that we lack animations. They could add 10,000,000 animations and still not touch the real problems of gameplay: physics don't matter, blocking schemes don't matter, option plays (which I was super excited about when they finally "fixed" them in '11) are still broken, etc.

Every year there are X00 new animations.

Yes, I'm being a Debbie Downer. But there's a track record here - we get the same game every year, one that doesn't play like football at all...but they add some animations!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »