Home

New Passing System Question

This is a discussion on New Passing System Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Passing System Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
I don't get it either...you're allowed to not like the product, that's cool. If you don't like the product don't buy it. But if you're gonna bash it without any real basis from THIS YEAR'S product, there's no place for that here. All we've really been shown is a promising base to build upon in future games with the sounds. So yeah EA has done stuff in the past, so what? Dirk always came up small in the big games until last year, he shut people up real quick about that when he was given the chance to prove himself. Cool off guys, give them a chance to right their wrongs and build a good foundation. That's why the games aren't great right now, right? We all can agree the foundation for this gen wasn't good to start with...so why when they try to put in a solid foundation are you bashing them? Do you want them to throw that away too? I'm just dumbfounded by all the incoherent nonsense I've been reading from people.

Lol Broncos, feels like we're fighting a losing battle...even if we should be in the right.
People complain because it's the ONLY NCAA football game out there. If you want a football game, you have to get this one. Therefore, if the series has a history of disappointment, you can bet people are going to start to assume everything from EA is crap.

On the other hand, I would LOVE to see a new passing/defending system. Last year's mirrored routes/coverage are a good portion of the reason why I stopped playing.

And in all honesty EA, all of this pre-game/cheerleaders/ect means nothing to me. I probably watched my team's entrance ONCE in last year's game. When I sit down to play the game, I want to play the game. If I want to watch a game, I'll turn the TV on or go to the game, which I do for every home game anyway. No need to clog up the game with useless crap that I'm guessing at least 60% of the people who play skip over anyway.

Just think if you had to watch a 1-2 minute long intro before every match on MW3 or BF3.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Not expecting much honestly. Hopefully they just make passing more realistic, couldn't care less what system they use to do it.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #19
Pro

Balrog's Arena

OVR: 14

Expect EA to fix the passing game like they did the "coverage game" a couple games ago.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #20
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Not expecting much honestly. Hopefully they just make passing more realistic, couldn't care less what system they use to do it.
Exactly. I don't need a new system, I don't need new commands. I'll settle for a slight tweak to the passing angle and trajectory and be good to go.

I just really hope they don't go overboard or change the established passing system.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #21
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I just really hope they don't go overboard or change the established passing system.
My fear is that it will be overly complicated and I'll have to do like MLB 2K12 pitching controls to throw a fade route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
I don't get it either...you're allowed to not like the product, that's cool. If you don't like the product don't buy it. But if you're gonna bash it without any real basis from THIS YEAR'S product, there's no place for that here. All we've really been shown is a promising base to build upon in future games with the sounds. So yeah EA has done stuff in the past, so what? Dirk always came up small in the big games until last year, he shut people up real quick about that when he was given the chance to prove himself. Cool off guys, give them a chance to right their wrongs and build a good foundation. That's why the games aren't great right now, right? We all can agree the foundation for this gen wasn't good to start with...so why when they try to put in a solid foundation are you bashing them? Do you want them to throw that away too? I'm just dumbfounded by all the incoherent nonsense I've been reading from people.

Lol Broncos, feels like we're fighting a losing battle...even if we should be in the right.
This entire post is hilarious. How many chances are you willing to give them? Because they let us down EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. If someone kept borrowing money from you and never paying you back, would you keep letting them borrow money? Because your post makes it seem like you would.

People are sick of giving this company money and getting a crappy, unfinished product as a result. Why should we expect any different this year when the last 5 years have all been the same?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

My main hope for the new passing system is for Awareness to play a bigger role in passing. Passing should be more than just THA and THP. A team can gave accurate big-armed QB, but if he isnt fully aware of it his surrounding than I want to see him make mistakes. Just like I would want QB who doesnt have the elite arm or THA, but if he has high Awareness, I expect him to make consistently make good decisions.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #24
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
Because they let us down EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.
I am very curious to see what EA does with the passing system. It clearly is very outdated although I really have no idea what they could do to it.

All of the people with the attitude problem towards EA need to speak for yourself. I don't agree with everything that EA does but in my opinion their games are a lot of fun and I do put a lot of hours into them. I already preordered NCAA 13 and I am sure I will play it a lot.
I keep seeing people complain about new entrances being added but the last two years everybody was all excited about them. Just last year there were so many people totally excited about the game just because of Florida State's entrance. I see people complain about cheerleaders being in the game although there is some massive obsession with dreads and socks.
I think its cool that each team has stuff that is unique to them that is shown in game. That is what makes college football unique and special. Each teams traditions, chants, band music and playing styles. Is the game perfect? No. It is very well worth my $60 though and I am excited to play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »