Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - Just a Little More Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - Just a Little More Gameplay Footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #33
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - Just a Little More Gameplay Footage

I really do not think that was a gameplay preview video. It just showed us a little more of what we seen the other day. If they put as much time and effort into gameplay as they do with all the tradition stuff, the game would be GOOD!

When I play MLB the Show i feel like im playing against actual baseball players, when I play FIFA i feel like im playing against professional soccer players and need i say more on NBA 2K??

Ugh, I want it so bad it hurts man. WE deserve better, we are faithful fans. Ive been buying this game since forever. My hope isnt lost but I feel like the wont give us what we want when it comes to gameplay
Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #34
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
The thing is, I don't think they can really fix the gameplay so that's why they keep rehashing all this other stuff.
I agree with you here. After they decided to not fix the roster tendency issue in dynasty mode last year because the code was so poor that it probably would have broken something else within the game, it's fairly clear to me that this game has far too many internal issues on this gen. I don't think there's much of a way to salvage this game for this generations consoles. I could be wrong here, but, that's just the way it seems to all fit to me. It wouldn't make sense to have all these complaints about gameplay issues and not address them and focus on the way the game looks. It doesn't even look or feel like college football, yet that's the selling point for this whole video.

But then again, EA sports has never really made much sense when it comes to making their games. It's about that bottom line, nothing more.

I listened to Ben say one sentence and it just made me sick.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #35
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: g4tv video with tiny bit more footage

"It's really a big key for us to get all of these combinations in.*"

*as long as your pre-order from Amazon

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #36
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

oh, and faux outrage over a video game not releasing big information 2 months before it is released

@AdamdotH
Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #37
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLU Golden Hawk
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they want to fix the gameplay but they cant because of talent or limitations with the engine
That's how I feel. I believe the engine for this gen is broken, and the developers have no way to fix it without completely throwing it out.

I'm sure the higher ups at EA aren't willing to throw out the entire engine so they can spend so much $$$$ to redo it. Once they put that initial investment into the engine. We're stuck with it until the generation of consoles is over.

This gen's engine has been a failure.

I don't want to neccesarily write off the devs of NCAA, esp if they know the engine is crap but can't fix it (and by fix it, I mean replace it) because EA wont let them. But if the engine of next gen starts out on the wrong foot, then I'd be willing to put all of the blame on the devs.

That said, I still sorta wish they would start over. Replace everyone. New visionaries.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Sigh............All I know is they better have been blitzing in order for that read option running play to be blown up in the backfield like that. As soon as he got the ball he was creamed. Please don't tell me EA didn't fix that.

And what is with the DL doing a 180 degree turn on a DIME AGAIN to get the sack ? And also how come the QB didn't even attempt to run away or roll out ?

This is starting to look like another year of heavy roster edits to fix this game. Sigh..........

And FYI, motion blur don't appear to be making a difference at all. Is this another feature that is ONLY visible during a highlight reel ? Because I can't tell the difference between with it or without it.
Like how you didn't notice the 3d grass until they did an ugly looking instant replay from grass level? lol

The grass in 2011 was better looking than the grass of 2012. The grass of 2012 looked like ps1 at times.

Oh well.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #39
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm in the camp of the higher ups at EA will give them no more resources to do anything. They certainly do not play this game and think it represents football that humans play. I'm thinking they've reached the limits of this engine...

Hail West Virginia
Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can't they put the additions of uniforms and traditions on the backburners and not blow it out of proportion?! I mean c'mon who really wants to see new traditions as one of the main features...again!

They are so ignorant, because It seems like they think it is incredible, but It was one of the most broken games I have played in a while. (12 I mean)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »