Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - Just a Little More Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - Just a Little More Gameplay Footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #41
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
The bashing of the EA NCAA developers should come to an immediate halt. It is evident that the developers have a keen insight and desire to take NCAA to that next level; however, they are limited as a result of marketing executives who have the final input concerning what is featured in the game. Any person above the age of 18 realizes the mindset of marketing so called experts who constantly deliberate in board meetings concerning what will sell a product, in which, the said individuals (executives) have no first had experience of. Yes, the developers are limited. They are limited by the execs and limited by this generations game engine. Furthermore, until an immediate competitor can break through EA's monopoly on college football as well as Madden, no immediate changes will take place in order to immediately garner the attention of the executives...$$$

"These things have been spoken, so that those who hear, might believe"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 2
same game....tired
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #43
Banned

t2jBird's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - Just a Little More Gameplay Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
c'mon man you think they want to use videos of the game in it's early stages to promote the game? They think long and hard about what they will be showing us.
I don't think they're going to release the videos of the final build of NCAA 13, 4 months in advance of the release date, so the wolves here at OS can pick apart every minor deatil, and kill the buzz of the game before it really gets started. Without expectation there can be no disappointment; but with very little expectation, there can be great surprise.

All I'm saying is that it would actually be in EA's best interest to not give all their secrets away so soon. I think that is what they are doing. These are not the most recent gameplay videos. I would not be surprised if those videos were taken 5-6 months ago.

Last edited by t2jBird; 04-04-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love college football but after watching that. I was not impressed..Besides the different celebrations, that looked like ncaa 12....i lil disappointed.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #45
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i find it hard to believe the NCAA Football team is so limited compared to every other great game we've played. Maybe their desire to create something better or improve the engine is what is limiting them. They know it's crap, it CAN and SHOULD be fixed, but they'd rather just pop out a mediocre game with a new coat of pant, sell the tons of copies they'll say simply off of name recognition and being the only college football game around, and then wait until the next gen or some competition to come along which will then force them to fix/change the engine. It's called complacency, why spend money and time fixing the engine when they can add some fluff and still sell because there is no competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #46
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jBird
I don't think they're going to release the videos of the final build of NCAA 13, 4 months in advance of the release date, so the wolves here at OS can pick apart every minor deatil, and kill the buzz of the game before it really gets started. Without expectation there can be no disappointment; but with very little expectation, there can be great surprise.

All I'm saying is that it would actually be in EA's best interest to not give all their secrets away so soon. I think that is what they are doing. These are not the most recent gameplay videos. I would not be surprised if those videos were taken 5-6 months ago.
The problem with this theory is that people say this every year. But in reality come retail version, the game looks exactly the same way it does in the April and May videos every year.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #47
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
The bashing of the EA NCAA developers should come to an immediate halt. It is evident that the developers have a keen insight and desire to take NCAA to that next level; however, they are limited as a result of marketing executives who have the final input concerning what is featured in the game. Any person above the age of 18 realizes the mindset of marketing so called experts who constantly deliberate in board meetings concerning what will sell a product, in which, the said individuals (executives) have no first had experience of. Yes, the developers are limited. They are limited by the execs and limited by this generations game engine. Furthermore, until an immediate competitor can break through EA's monopoly on college football as well as Madden, no immediate changes will take place in order to immediately garner the attention of the executives...$$$

"These things have been spoken, so that those who hear, might believe"
While I agree that they are likely limited by the EA highereups by what they are allowed to do, I disagree that it is evident that they have "keen insight."

I just don't know if I believe that these developers have keen insight into taking this game to the next level. Where is this evident?

The gameplay isn't the only thing lacking. Presentation. Commentary. Attention to detail. Dynasty depth. Recruiting depth. Even the proper use of the ESPN-license. It's all lacking.

And as much as I hate saying this, isn't it the dev who implemented this game engine?

I don't watch the developers and get the feeling that they have a keen insight into football, and have a deep desire to authenticate a football simulation game.

I do get the feeling that they want to make us happy, and want to make a fun game, and want to improve overall, but not to the point of rising past video game cliches and taking this brand to the next level.

Maybe they do. But I don't think anything about the last 7 years makes it 'evident'. I'm just kind of worn out by hoping and wishing for this game to match the other sports games.

I remember the first time I saw NCAA football on PS3 at walmart, and I thought "why are they running like that?". I didn't know at the time that the running animations wouldn't be fixed by the time I graduated college (I was in early HS at the time.)

Football is my favorite sport by far, but I spend way more time on other sports games. I'm tired of making excuses for why.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 04-04-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #48
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Was this a video of NCAA 10, 11 or 12?

Take a year or two off and build a new engine. That's the only way we're going to notice any kind of different and they won't do that until we go next-gen again.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »