Home

Better realism

This is a discussion on Better realism within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2003, 09:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Better realism

This game is very average. You guys are making up all kinds of special rules just to get a realistic experience. It shouldn't have to be that way. There are no down years after you get a program over the hump. There are no poor recruiting years. This game is far from realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #2
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Better realism

When you buy a car do you just leave it stock? Or do you bump up the stereo, wheels, tires etc etc.

Yes I know they are not the same thing but the point I'm trying to make is that it is a good game and yes some of us do things to make it more enjoyable for us. Does this mean its not a good game? Of course not. But eveyone is entitled to their opinion. Just sharing mine.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:05 AM   #3
wes
Rookie

OVR: 2

This game is average in comparison to what? This game plays one of the most realistic representations of college football that has ever graced any video game system. Sure there are some faults but can anyone name a sports game that was absolutely flawless? Excluding some text based games.

Which brings me to the point that it is just a video game. When I read some of the posts on here I just shake my head. If you don't have fun playing the game put down the controller, turn off the system and move on.

As far as tweaking the sliders for increased realism, duh, that's what the sliders are for. I'm sure there are plenty of people who play the game straight out of the box and love it. For others the options are there to customize.

The comment on the recuiting also caught my interest. I'm curious to know what teams were being refered to when they had no down recuiting years after they were over the hump. Seems to me that programs like Miami, FSU, Ohio State, etc., don't really have down years in recuiting. I was playing with a custom team, I had just gotten over the "hump" so to speak and was rated in the top 10 at the end of the season and the next recuiting year I had the 3rd worst recuiting class in the country. This was without following the recuiting rules that had been set out in this forum. I'm sure some people will say, oh you must just suck at recuiting then, well no because the next year I had the number 4 class. It just so happened during that one year that no one wanted to play for my school.

My point is if you don't like the game that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm just curious as to why you feel the need to complain about it in a forum where you know people enjoy the game for what it is. No hard feelings or anything but I've gotta question your motives.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:08 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Running_game said:
This game is very average. You guys are making up all kinds of special rules just to get a realistic experience. It shouldn't have to be that way. There are no down years after you get a program over the hump. There are no poor recruiting years. This game is far from realistic.

Very informative first post. Welcome, we look forward to your sharing of your wealth of knowledge and insight.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Guys sorry for coming across as a crybaby. I'm a football freak and I've been playing this series for years. I love it but it was becoming too easy. I finally found some sliders after two months of reading this board and experimenting on my own. I'm reborn baby! Here are my sliders.

All American 8 minute quarters
CPU offense

QC QCC +7
Pass blocking +10
WR catching +1
RB ability +10
Run blocking + 10

CPU defense

Awareness +10
KDs +5
INTs +2
BB +9
Tackling +7

Human offense

QB Acc default
PB -2
wr catching default
Running back ab -3
Run blocking -3

Human defense

Awarness -3
KDs -1
INTs -4
BB -5
Tackling -5

This has me excited again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2003, 11:44 PM   #6
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

wes said:
This game is average in comparison to what? This game plays one of the most realistic representations of college football that has ever graced any video game system. Sure there are some faults but can anyone name a sports game that was absolutely flawless? Excluding some text based games.

Which brings me to the point that it is just a video game. When I read some of the posts on here I just shake my head. If you don't have fun playing the game put down the controller, turn off the system and move on.

As far as tweaking the sliders for increased realism, duh, that's what the sliders are for. I'm sure there are plenty of people who play the game straight out of the box and love it. For others the options are there to customize.

The comment on the recuiting also caught my interest. I'm curious to know what teams were being refered to when they had no down recuiting years after they were over the hump. Seems to me that programs like Miami, FSU, Ohio State, etc., don't really have down years in recuiting. I was playing with a custom team, I had just gotten over the "hump" so to speak and was rated in the top 10 at the end of the season and the next recuiting year I had the 3rd worst recuiting class in the country. This was without following the recuiting rules that had been set out in this forum. I'm sure some people will say, oh you must just suck at recuiting then, well no because the next year I had the number 4 class. It just so happened during that one year that no one wanted to play for my school.

My point is if you don't like the game that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm just curious as to why you feel the need to complain about it in a forum where you know people enjoy the game for what it is. No hard feelings or anything but I've gotta question your motives.

Yeah, compared to what? It's the only college game out. I still don't know what makes it so great but of course if it's the only college game out it's going to be the most accurate representation of college football.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:32 PM   #7
wes
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, compared to what? It's the only college game out. I still don't know what makes it so great but of course if it's the only college game out it's going to be the most accurate representation of college football.

Compared to any other college game that has come out prior to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »