Home

NCAA 13 FOOTBALL PODCAST: Episode #2

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 FOOTBALL PODCAST: Episode #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #49
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 13 FOOTBALL PODCAST: Episode #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I don't know of a single sports game that doesn't have MULTIPLE playable camera options. And yet with NCAA 13 we still only get one....really? FIFA (another EA title) has about 7 options and they are even customizable. I can't even keep track of all the options NBA2K12, The Show 12, PES 12 and even CH2K8 (a game that came out 4.5 years ago!) have to offer.

That said, I am excited about the sights and especially the sounds.

Cant wait for the gameplay info on 4/17.
Great post. As someone who doesn't really play with any other camera anyway, its not a huge deal to me. What is a big deal, is that EA seems to be years behind other games with their football series, which is baffling to me considering EA produces two, really great sports games.

At some point, we just have to concede that without competition, both NCAA and Madden are going to be able to live off of limited production resources and in house talent. They won't necessarily be bad games (I don't think either is "bad"), they'll just never be as good as the sports games around them.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #50
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Was there any word on TeamBuilder in the podcast?

Old 04-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #51
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Was there any word on TeamBuilder in the podcast?
nope........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #52
Rookie

texasfan_95's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I'm not extremely disheartened that the sidelines will once again go untouched - I was expecting that again... It's just mind boggling that a game that came out so long ago had something that EA's trying to tell us "isn't really possible". I'm going to assume as well that there isn't a chain gang either.

As for the player models, the gameplay mechanics more than made up for it.
I think you're misinterpreting what they're saying. Not that it isn't possible to do it because it is but trying to do it with what they already have in place would be difficult.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfan_95
I think you're misinterpreting what they're saying. Not that it isn't possible to do it because it is but trying to do it with what they already have in place would be difficult.
Madden updated their sidelines!

NOT ONE person on the dev team will attempt to give an answer why they LOCK a playable Broadcast Cam for the User on "Purpose" while it's UNLOCKED for CPU vs CPU Coached games.

Plain and simple, EA/Tiburon is "Milking" the market as the only developer.

That's why nothing that they've released with NCAA on the Next-Gen system has been innovative or birthed through the series.

It's all cut and attempted pasted ideas from other sports games.
They even refuse to springboard injections they already have in some of their own sports titles...

Fifa - Player movement/physics, Extensive in-game commentary library
Madden - Broadcast Cam, Dynamic Player Performance, Various QB throwing motions
NCAA Basketball - ESPN Broadcast Style, Pre-Game Top Team Player discussion
NBA Live - People in crowd and on the bench that are not cardboard cut-outs

We simply have found ourselves hear seeking the same things for 6 yrs now because they're simply hustling the market for all it's worth.

Dynamic Attendance and Audio were part of NCAA 12 that an attempted patch did little to help/fix.

Read-n-react was advertised in NCAA 12 when they hyped they're new Zone Defense programming that an attemped patch made worse.

Recruiting was praised with big smiles only to be a waste of a gamers time as most
Ratings outside of SPEED once again meant nothing.

All of the Playbooks for NCAA 13 consist of things that were in NCAA 12, but failed to work as intended.

So the main question that must be sifted through the marketing lingo is, what New thing will be in NCAA 13...

The Passing System?
Is it New if it's the same one QB throwing motion with an adjusted Arc Formula in the
code?

I bet all Hell will break loose in Frustration after the Gameplay Playbook is done!
Any takers???
Any?

Having fun reading all of the post in the NCAA threads.
The passion in some are really funny (in a good way)!

Nuth'n but luv for the OS community cause you keep's it Real.
That's fo-show!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #54
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@khaliib, I find it hilarious the number of times I have seemingly defended EA football this cycle but I am just calling it like I see it.

So while I agree with a lot of what you posted, in part due to my perception that the EA Football business model most of the gen was, "don't make the games too good, they won't buy next year", I think that has changed because it had to in the current market.

It''s easy for us as consumers to take stuff personally because often the product means more to us, for whatever reason, than just money, like it does to most corporations. So even if the business plan or the bottom line changes for the corporation in relation to the product, many of us are still reeling over what's already taken place.

Most of my expectations for this new business plan I believe that is in place are about Madden more so than NCAA. However, with them having combined core gameplay teams, I would think NCAA 13 would probably get much of that benefit as well.

April 17th well be key to see just how much though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »