Home

Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year

This is a discussion on Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
Rookie

VegasCSURam's Arena

OVR: 0
I'll be getting it as soon as its released. I'm still playing NCAA 12 as religiously as I was in June.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #26
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Quick Reminder To All: Stay Strong, Remember Last Year

I think it makes sense to move forward with a certain sense of apprehension and caution, but at the same time we shouldn't readily dismiss the work that they have put into the game.

I think the sound elements that they worked on are a good start. Will have to really see the lighting in action (during gameplay) to get a good feel for that and motion blur but they're intriguing.

It just makes sense to me not to get too caught up in the highs (hyped new features) or the lows (last year's buggy debacle). Be cautious, but if we can't get excited about new features then we should really just stop following the game.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #27
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
I'll buy it, day one. I enjoyed 12 for the most part.

The fact that people believe EA will completely change their game this late in the current gen cycle is laughable.

ODogg said it perfectly in another thread. You know what you're getting now when you purchase NCAA 13. You've had 7 years of product to know that EA will use bells and whistles over game play to lure people to their game.

If you liked 12 then you'll more than likely enjoy 13. If you hated 12 then you'll more than likely hate 13.

EA is not going to implement anything to change their engine. Its financially stupid.

Sent from The Hollow
Old 04-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
I'm not getting it or Madden day 1. I am having to much fun with The Show, and I am so jaded about EA football right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

You must be a call of duty fan too, same game every time they release a new one, and the fanboys think it's the greatest thing ever. If you think it is financially stupid to change the game, then why would you buy 13? Download a 13 roster and play it on 12. It's financially stupid to buy 13 on day one, or at all if you still have 12 and like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x

The fact that people believe EA will completely change their game this late in the current gen cycle is laughable.

ODogg said it perfectly in another thread. You know what you're getting now when you purchase NCAA 13. You've had 7 years of product to know that EA will use bells and whistles over game play to lure people to their game.

If you liked 12 then you'll more than likely enjoy 13. If you hated 12 then you'll more than likely hate 13.

EA is not going to implement anything to change their engine. Its financially stupid.

Sent from The Hollow
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #30
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x

Sent from The Hollow
if you know they dont improve the game from year to year, why do you buy on day 1 every year?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I wish it was this way for me. Unfortunately, I'm such a big college football fan, that it would take a pretty crappy game for me not to buy it. Considering 12 was "pretty crappy", I've forced myself to actually weigh my options here. Just the fact that someone like me (who has bought every single NCAA since '03) is considering discontinuing my seasonal purchase speaks volumes of how far behind EA is.

Anyway, I'll probably buy it, but EA is going to have to show me some things in gameplay that actually have me believing I could even have fun with the game.
well most of us are big college football fans as well. i know huge college football fans that dont buy anymore. If you want entertainment with an ncaa football game..go get on your ps2 and play from 2005-2009. Enjoy Thats what i do at least

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

The last 3 NCAA purchases I have made:

NCAA 2007 (PS2)

NCAA 11

NCAA 12

NCAA 12 despite the early bugs (offline player only here) is a more than good enough to keep my college football fix going for a few more years. EA football is not on my shopping list for a while.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »