Home

NCAA Football 13 Interview - Sights and Sounds

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Interview - Sights and Sounds within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Always more of "This didn't make it in this year" than anything. If the gameplay looks and feels the same, then what the hell were they doing that they could only add these 6 things. Spending time on Heisman mode that....well....no one ever asked for. I guess we will have to wait to make further judgement.

Hail West Virginia
I don't understand what you want them to say when things don't make the game. Should they say "no didn't feel like working hard enough to get everything done." I think the hardcore crowd (Operation Sports) needs to realize we aren't the only people talking. Meaning just cause you haven't read anything on this site doesn't mean people aren't asking for it. Don't forget they take NCAA on the road during the season and let college students play.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NCAA Football 13 Interview - Sights and Sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
The things that did make it in the game sound promising on paper, but I remember being told the crowd would respond to situations appropriately last year.

I guess what I'm saying is I need to see it first to believe it.
Same here, I'm hoping it's different this year because they have the new sound technology to back it up.

Plus, I believe in Christian as well. He ripped on NCAA and Madden in his reviews here.

Just a gut feeling on that one, though.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #19
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

I'm glad to hear they are doing a few upgrades here....but I truly hope we get blown out of the water with the gameplay and dynasty improvements. I can listen to my ipod instead of the commentary and still have a blast as long as the gameplay and dynasty rock.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #20
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
I don't understand what you want them to say when things don't make the game. Should they say "no didn't feel like working hard enough to get everything done." I think the hardcore crowd (Operation Sports) needs to realize we aren't the only people talking. Meaning just cause you haven't read anything on this site doesn't mean people aren't asking for it. Don't forget they take NCAA on the road during the season and let college students play.
I think most people on this site acknowledge that we are not the only audience EA has. In fact, we probably make up a fairly small demographic (compared to the moms/dads buying it for their kids and casual football fans). It's actually depressing that EA strives for the masses versus a real/accurate representation of the sport they claim to simulate.

With that said, its tough for me to imagine that this "Heisman Mode" was a highly requested item from any real EA customer base. This "mode", if you will, reeks of something that came from the marketing heads at EA as something catchy for commercials and "back of the box" material. Also, if you look back at recent years, EA has had lots of these "features" in games that the are scrapped for the next year. So to that end, I think its fair to ask "who the heck asked for this".

Just my $.02 of course.....
Old 04-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Does anyone know what Heisman mode is?

Besides this small blub?

There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.

Last edited by roadman; 04-06-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Too many "next year" or "that didn't make it into this years version." After so many years on next gen I can't help but wonder what have they been doing all these years that something as simple as a chain gang is still missing!!??? EA can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. #totalLackofProgress I'm very interested in April 17th now to see what did or did not change. Hhhmmmmm
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Does anyone know what Heisman mode is?

Besides this small blub?

There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.
Sounds awesome....for my 10 year old nephew. And again, therein lies the issue we face. Marketing to the least common denominator versus us "die hards".
Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
Sounds awesome....for my 10 year old nephew. And again, therein lies the issue we face. Marketing to the least common denominator versus us "die hards".
Heck, if it's anything like the My Player of NBA 2k or MLB 2k, our son, who is 17, not 10, will be all over it.

He hates RTG, so, if it's anything like that, etc.... yuck, but we don't know the full details, yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »