Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Preview (Kotaku)

Too many broken promises, too much over-promising and under-delivering over the years...how many time do we pay $60 before we get the game we should have gotten 3 years ago? Barring some revelation that the game is so much better than anyone ever could have dreamed, I'm 100% OUT this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #26
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Owen Good is always pretty fair about NCAA and Madden. The article is more than fair.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10
Still no doubleteam pass blocking, consecutive hit tackles and what about pass inteference for offense & defense that works? Passing means nothing without RISK/REWARD!!!! Just arcade style gameplay that EA is famous for.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1
its a football video game it looks to have tweaked sometings but all in all it seems to be ok just cant wait for dynasty stuff. the on the field stuff is just cosmetics. Does anyone on here remember pro action football? or joe montana football how about ncaa 99 ? i mean graphically thats what i grew up with so to havea game where theres trajectory or where players heads turn or you can see the quaterback look from side to side down across the field is great for me. Its a video game all it is people dont expect gold for 60 dollars and 7 months worth of devolpment. That being said may 7th here we come .......got my fingers crossed hopefully they fix the import bug!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Still no doubleteam pass blocking, consecutive hit tackles and what about pass inteference for offense & defense that works? Passing means nothing without RISK/REWARD!!!! Just arcade style gameplay that EA is famous for.
Arcade? tecmo bowl is arcade, blitz is arcade....where do you get arcade from? tune youre sliders if you want more penalties thats a easy fix. and i ve seen consecutive hit tackles in both ncaa 12 and in madden 12 now the double team pass blocking would be nice lol .
Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #30
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
its a football video game it looks to have tweaked sometings but all in all it seems to be ok just cant wait for dynasty stuff. the on the field stuff is just cosmetics. Does anyone on here remember pro action football? or joe montana football how about ncaa 99 ? i mean graphically thats what i grew up with so to havea game where theres trajectory or where players heads turn or you can see the quaterback look from side to side down across the field is great for me. Its a video game all it is people dont expect gold for 60 dollars and 7 months worth of devolpment. That being said may 7th here we come .......got my fingers crossed hopefully they fix the import bug!
Yeah, all that "on the field stuff" is just a distraction. These games are really all about the menus!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2

Between the lack of reading comprehension, the always-negative comments of the OS community and the romanticizing of old versions of NCAA, EA can never win here. I wonder if some of you just suck at playing the game and get mad when you try to play on Heisman and get sent home with a butt-whooping and come here to vent your frustrations.

Does the game have flaws? Yes, of course. Every single game does. Does EA frustrate me with their messed-up patches? Yes they do. But this is a great game that plays mostly realistically, and at the end of the day, is fun as hell.

I, for one, recognize and appreciate the improvements NCAA has made every year. NCAA 12 was great, and I'm 100% certain 13 will be even better and more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
Arcade? tecmo bowl is arcade, blitz is arcade....where do you get arcade from? tune youre sliders if you want more penalties thats a easy fix. and i ve seen consecutive hit tackles in both ncaa 12 and in madden 12 now the double team pass blocking would be nice lol .
Yes it is and u being on this forum for years should know all about the casual/tournament gameplay that EA has giving us for 7 years now. Pass interference doesn't work even at 100 on the sliders. Making passing unrealistic and no RISK/REWARD in theassing game. There are double hit tackles in Madden and NCAA, but no consecutive hits and this have been discussed for years on this forum. Madden and NCAA lacks fundamentals of football and i think we won't see anything until the new consoles comes out. Which is truly unacceptable after 8 years on this current consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »