Home

How about bringing NCAA back to PC

This is a discussion on How about bringing NCAA back to PC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #33
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How about bringing NCAA back to PC

Probably been said already but, I think I would pay for a PC version of NCAA in subscription form if it were to be FULL college experience. I already pay $30 or so a month for me and the same for my wife to play a couple of MMOs so, adding one more wouldn't break the bank.

If they started out with NCAA DivI schools then over the course of the first year they add DivII and a basic high school system(maybe 300 schools) to recruit from in year two all the while bug fixing and continuing to work out any gameplay issues. By year three expand the high schools out more (600-1000) and then add more colleges and JCs even.

I think the MMO model would work well with this on PC, like a "Be a Pro" in the NHL series, a team could have multiple people controlling different players on field at the same team, I think it would really make the game come alive!

As for recruiting, looking at the stats of a players HS career would mean something...figure high school would only be single player experience so stats would all be relative PLUS, most HS teams only have one superstar player

Then you could choose to play for a college based on being recruited...on your server you might even have to build a recruiting video and make news articles about your hs games to catch the attention of college recruiters! Sounds like a LOT of fun to me!

Anyway, just thought I would add my thoughts to the mix...
Old 05-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #34
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
What are you talking about "You wont get upgrades"? They've made all the additions and changes they intend to make at this point. We all know they wont make a game specifically for PC, but that doesnt mean that there cant be a port from Xbox since they are so similar. By the time the game has been on PC, it would look so much better than the consoles.
Lol
I didnt say I'd say that. Re-read.
But its already been said when the Show was made for Vita also. All the "experts" were angry claiming it took away from ps3 developement even when it was stated it didnt.

So again I'm just saying what others would say if/when pc game would be back in development.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #35
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
Probably been said already but, I think I would pay for a PC version of NCAA in subscription form if it were to be FULL college experience. I already pay $30 or so a month for me and the same for my wife to play a couple of MMOs so, adding one more wouldn't break the bank.

If they started out with NCAA DivI schools then over the course of the first year they add DivII and a basic high school system(maybe 300 schools) to recruit from in year two all the while bug fixing and continuing to work out any gameplay issues. By year three expand the high schools out more (600-1000) and then add more colleges and JCs even.

I think the MMO model would work well with this on PC, like a "Be a Pro" in the NHL series, a team could have multiple people controlling different players on field at the same team, I think it would really make the game come alive!

As for recruiting, looking at the stats of a players HS career would mean something...figure high school would only be single player experience so stats would all be relative PLUS, most HS teams only have one superstar player

Then you could choose to play for a college based on being recruited...on your server you might even have to build a recruiting video and make news articles about your hs games to catch the attention of college recruiters! Sounds like a LOT of fun to me!

Anyway, just thought I would add my thoughts to the mix...
I would endorse a move to PC by NCAA if they (the modders) could do all of these things and incorporate the Euphoria system into it. If they did I would by a specific computer just to play NCAA as long as there was a way to have an online dynasty. I guess I shouldn't let EA see that though.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 05-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

FIFA has a well enough community on PC that I see no reason why EA Football can't come to Origin and PC.

Hell digital downloads removes all your overhead of purchasing disks, cases, book inserts, shipping etc. So the only extra expense is the port over to handle PC hardware.

Last edited by Phobia; 05-04-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7
Icon2 Re: How about bringing NCAA back to PC

PC games

Here is the truth about PC gaming and why some larger “blockbuster” games do not and will not come
out on the PC. The PC by nature is “better” then the console’s being in the constantly updating world
of technology. This is a fact that any PC gamer will be quick to remind you, because they are such a
loud and aggressive fan base. I mean look at here on OS there have been a dozen threads, hundreds
of replies, all for 57 people who say “it’s time” to get a PC port of Madden/NCAA. Let’s be honest the
piracy thing is over stated but still a factor. PC gamers know they are the “best” and want the best
from graphics to everything else in the game. If there was a port available (M13) you guys would buy
it at less than half the rate of the console players, and then take off. Between the modding and roster
updates, anything other than a major core gameplay overhaul wouldn’t warrant a purchase of the new
game (M14). Then sales would go down for the next game (M14) even further, stop the arguing most
of you wouldn’t buy it, only considering purchase if it was a major improvement, which nine times out
of ten is not the case. So yes from the consumers perspective it would be great; if you have a rig that is
top of the line, even better. I mean you spent the money on a nice setup, you know what you’re doing
you want the best experience clearly. Now we go back to basics; this is a business EA wants to make
money. Having you work on modding their game and sharing those mods and build the ultimate version
of madden for PC is great, for you. Then you will talk and put videos up on YouTube, look how great
the PC is, look how great Madden 13 is for PC. Then the console players get mad, watch the videos, and
expect more from the next game. “It better deliver” or they’re not buying, wait another year, petition
on the forums. You should realize that they couldn’t match the PC version, between the hardware and
the modding they wouldn’t be able to deliver that type of experience (for the console games). All that
porting to the PC would do is make EA more accountable and lessen their profits. That there folks is bad
business.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 13

All this here just sounds like more and more excuses to take the short route and not release it on PC. You admitted it there that PCs are superior to the consoles, and yet I don't see 2K calling NBA bad business. They release it year after year and have no problems and yet they are a smaller company.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »