Home

Hands down, THE single best game of video game football...

This is a discussion on Hands down, THE single best game of video game football... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #25
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Hands down, THE single best game of video game football...

I am not saying NCAA 12 is the greatest game of all time, I am saying the game that I played last night was the greatest game of all time that I have personally ever experienced on video game football which just so happens to be NCAA 12. As in the individual game, not NCAA 12 itself. NFL2k series still holds my heart, but I try my best to enjoy what we are given now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #26
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7

I commented on the other thread you posted about this game and i'm not trying to troll you man, but 66-65? That just isn't realistic, it shows either you have really bad defense or your playing on Varsity or some really crappy sliders. I have played FCS teams with FSU in my Noles chise and even on All-American which isn't that difficult i hung like 50 at most and playing powerhouse schools like bama and whatnot with a 2 star school they didn't even hang 35+. I can't get over that fact on how unrealistic the stats are. It's too much of arcade like numbers for me to consider it great. If it was like 25-24 or something then i could understand.

Not trolling, just my opinion
Old 07-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #27
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Why are you still playing 12.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #28
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Why are you still playing 12.
The date on this post is 4/18/12.

Some people are still playing 12 though.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #29
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
I commented on the other thread you posted about this game and i'm not trying to troll you man, but 66-65? That just isn't realistic, it shows either you have really bad defense or your playing on Varsity or some really crappy sliders. I have played FCS teams with FSU in my Noles chise and even on All-American which isn't that difficult i hung like 50 at most and playing powerhouse schools like bama and whatnot with a 2 star school they didn't even hang 35+. I can't get over that fact on how unrealistic the stats are. It's too much of arcade like numbers for me to consider it great. If it was like 25-24 or something then i could understand.

Not trolling, just my opinion
Regulation scores

2011 Baylor/TCU 50-48
2011 Washington/Baylor 56-67
2011 Northern Illinois/Toledo 63-60
2011 West Virginia/Clemson 70-33

2011 LSU/Alabama 9-6
Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #30
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Regulation scores

2011 Baylor/TCU 50-48
2011 Washington/Baylor 56-67
2011 Northern Illinois/Toledo 63-60
2011 West Virginia/Clemson 70-33

2011 LSU/Alabama 9-6
All of those teams were awful defensively (Save maybe TCU, though they gave up some points for sure against any of the quality opponents they faced).
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Old 07-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #31
MVP

mm boost's Arena

you don't have to believe me, but I have my sliders set to All American with SEC Elite's sliders with a few adjustments to make it harder on myself. Typically, my games are tight and come down to the wire, and I have even lost some hard fought games that I should have won against far inferior opponents. Regardless, for the CPU to score that many points on ME, you should know that the sliders are anything but easy.

On this season, I had my QB throw 25 picks, and he was also the most sacked QB in the NCAA thanks to a HORRIBLE o-line...and with sacks, you can imagine the amount of sack-fumble-tds that we allowed. In college football, you just have these types of shoot-out games (see TCU-Baylor from last year). It is part of college football. There are so many ways to score with fumbles, interceptions, special teams, passing/running....that there is no way you can pick one of the games I played, and then judge my play-style and my difficulty levels by it. I had a super young defense and I had an offense with one of the worse turnover ratios in the country. These type of games happen year to year, but for the most part, I have a lot of tight, tough, low scoring games. Hell I had a game this season where I lost to Wisconsin 14-10 at home. Scored in the first quarter, and then held me scoreless the rest of the game. Last season, I played 5-5 Miami at home while I was ranked #2 and headed to the National Championship with a win, and instead, they beat us 27-10. Like the Wisconsin game, I scored in the first quarter, and then never scored again. The main thing is, my sliders are tough, I've lost a lot of tight, close, defensive games and I am anything BUT a cheeser. I don't play online AT ALL, so I don't know none of the crap that people use online to cheat to get points/stats. I play at home by myself, and I play in a sim style where I try to run a different play every time, and set up my passes with a mix of run and play action. Defense is the side of the ball I have had to work at the most with a lot of players jetting to the NFL and having to fill positions with lesser/younger recruits. This season I posted this game from just happened to be one of those years.

Yes, I still play NCAA 12. I have NCAA 13 at home on my tv stand, but I won't play it until the weekend before the real season starts so I have all the accurate rosters, all patches/tuners, and the latest uniforms/equipment updates. I play my game usually for a year straight. I have been playing NCAA 12 since last september, and I normally do this every year. I am doing the same with Madden - still going strong on that game since last September. I prefer to get my money's worth.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #32
Rookie

TheFreightTrain's Arena

OVR: 1

There's only been two things I haven't been fond of in this game. The ice skating replays and the thing where you keep running into your o-line.
Now with that said, im enjoying my dynasty mode's. I've started two off hand one with UTSA and its been interesting. But the one that really has been fun and challenging is I started one off with U.K I've only played two games but man they been interesting. First game was against the Louisville Cards, only won by like four points I think it was. Threw 4 int's in it lol. Then my next game was against the WKU Hilltoppers, won with a whoppin' score of 14-7, again throwing 4 int's. That's the lowest scoring game I've ever played on any football game... I LOVE IT!! lol
NCAA Football: U of M, Michigan State Universty, Georgia Bulldogs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »