Home

OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #9
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

I think their views are pretty valid

Everybody wants to believe all these improvements are going to at least give us that old school era(04-06) Video Game Football Fun Factor........

But EA has built a track record this gen that still keeps everybody pessimistic

Many feel they haven't pushed the series forward enough

So its crucial that the game comes out relatively stable

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

I think the overall theme here is "too little too late". Maybe they should triple the gameplay department next year.

However it's great to see good smart fundamental football improvements being made. If you are a fan of EA's NCAA series you realise how much this can't be under stated.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Very good read guys!! Also agree with most of it. I think the skepticism is natural and healthy. We all want a fantastic playing football game. I just think we are to far gone in this generation of consoles to receive that. Here is to hoping we get what we all want by next console generation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
each year EA advertises "new features" and "improvements" and each year it seems few, if any, of these features and improvements actually work. I'm not expecting any different this year.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
I am an offline Dynasty player. After the second patch I just quit playing due to gameplay frustrations. The two features i care about the most were Coaching Carousel and Custom Playbooks; both which directly relate to Dynasty. Since I quit the game so early I never got a chance to dive into Dynasty Mode and thus play around with those two features.

A question to anyone and everyone: How effective was Coaching Carousel and Custom Playbooks after all of the tune-ups and patches? Also, did they ever fix the rosters where 20 years into your Dyansty there were not 8 qb's on the roster and one position playing another position (qb's playing mlb)? In general, was Dynasty Mode playable after all of the patches and tune-ups? I read on this site how both of those features were flawed but did not know if they were fixed post-patch. Everyone's opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Jayson nailed it!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I approach everything at this point with major skepticism regarding EA titles. While the addition of the animations is nice, I was a little let down to see the same CB swat animation thats been in the game for awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

Enhancements sound great until you think, "Wait, why weren't those always in the game?"

The two I think of are the 5- and 7-step dropbacks and the trajectories. These are just basic football pieces that should have always been in the game, so it makes it a little frustrating to read about.

However, I understand DB/WR interaction and awareness stuff can always be enhanced; those things are the nuances of the game that I'm sure are challenging to program.

I enjoyed last year's game, and recently started playing it again and am having fun, but I am skeptical about what the writers said about the "two steps forward, two steps back."

All I want: CPU teams that can run the spread and option correctly, pass trajectories, and an absolutely flawless dynasty/coaching carousel mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »