Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast

@Dewiel, You guys touched on the OL/DL interaction in relation to the bull rush but did Scantlebury also tune DT/DE pressure and pass rush in general?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39

So essentially a 30 minute rehash of the info on Tuesday... no mention of the awful running animations or the lack of momentum in the game?

Did you ask about the football size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
Fair enough....how about the obese ball size? Any plans to fix that...I haven't heard anything from EA on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
I've seen a few comments on this today. I'm not ignoring them, I just don't have an answer right now. Once I do, I'll let you guys know.

...?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

they have wide splits .....i wonder does that help the spread teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
So essentially a 30 minute rehash of the info on Tuesday... no mention of the awful running animations or the lack of momentum in the game?

Did you ask about the football size?
They usually only answers that help their cause. Nothing to difficult and only helps the sale of the game.

They said in another pod cast, that the Ball will NOT be re-sized. It's the way it's programed into the game and if they changed the ball size it would basically be a black blob floating around.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

If the new "Trajectory" throws and the read-n-react system are nothing more than tweaked/updated code to what was there already, what's actually NEW?

We're going back to the '09 release that was a Pass Happy game.

I knew they would go in depth about Gameplay for '13 because there really isn't anything NEW that was injected into the game.

So would the Dev Team be lying if they said this really isn't NCAA 12.5?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #14
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
If the new "Trajectory" throws and the read-n-react system are nothing more than tweaked/updated code to what was there already, what's actually NEW?

We're going back to the '09 release that was a Pass Happy game.

I knew they would go in depth about Gameplay for '13 because there really isn't anything NEW that was injected into the game.

So would the Dev Team be lying if they said this really isn't NCAA 12.5?
I'd consider the read and react, trajectory throws and animations new. Since it wasn't in there before, it's new. I don't care if they just switched one thing around in the code to do whatever they did. It hasn't existed before in the NCAA series, so in my opinion, that makes it new.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
As far as Super DTs, they just reduced the frequency of win-win one on one situations. But, didnt say anything about DEs being more effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@Dewiel, You guys touched on the OL/DL interaction in relation to the bull rush but did Scantlebury also tune DT/DE pressure and pass rush in general?
My hope is that it is a situation where Scantlebury has the autonomy to tune this aspect of the gaming without micromanagement and Larry just isn't fully aware of everything that he did.

Yeah, it was mostly a rehash but I found a few new interesting tidbits.

I like how they mentioned that the CPU would benefit from the 3-5-7 dropbacks. Anything that improves the ability of the CPU to execute is a good thing.

Liked about swats being tuned was byproduct of all the new catch animations. A reiteration of new pass breakup animation while the receiver is catching the ball is good as well. I hope that the animation of the defender trying to catch the ball while he's behind the receiver is finally gone. That is by far the worst animation in the game.

DB's being "run off" by WR's and not immediately rushing the line on the option plays should be a boon, especially for the CPU.

The mention that, with the removal of the physic defender phenomenon, one can see a difference between a 5' 10" LB and a 6' 3" LB, in term of making a play on a thrown ball, was interesting.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
My hope is that it is a situation where Scantlebury has the autonomy to tune this aspect of the gaming without micromanagement and Larry just isn't fully aware of everything that he did.

Yeah, it was mostly a rehash but I found a few new interesting tidbits.

I like how they mentioned that the CPU would benefit from the 3-5-7 dropbacks. Anything that improves the ability of the CPU to execute is a good thing.

Liked about swats being tuned was byproduct of all the new catch animations. A reiteration of new pass breakup animation while the receiver is catching the ball is good as well. I hope that the animation of the defender trying to catch the ball while he's behind the receiver is finally gone. That is by far the worst animation in the game.

DB's being "run off" by WR's and not immediately rushing the line on the option plays should be a boon, especially for the CPU.

The mention that, with the removal of the physic defender phenomenon, one can see a difference between a 5' 10" LB and a 6' 3" LB, in term of making a play on a thrown ball, was interesting.
Good eye.=)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »