Home

NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 13 Hands-On Gameplay Impressions (Tradition Sports)

Try to go back and read that last few years of initial impressions from Tradition football and see if it was anything like what they described when it released.

Remember the last 2 years in a row it was " This was fixed in the build we played, we dont know what happened" or, "this was working better when we played it, but now its broken on release".

Every year its the same song and dance, dont know why anyone expects anything different.

Take the impressions you hear with a grain of salt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #66
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
LOL..no David don't do that, but it would be fun too shake those guys up at EA. It just bothers me and I have been on this forum for years now, that after tons and tons of feedback with david Ortiz, Ian Cummings and phil Frazier, that this stuff haven't been addressed. U had 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and now 2013. Out of which of these could they not have addressed these issues in one development cycle? It just baffling that's all.
Honestly, I would prefer people to start understanding that if things aren't happening there is a legitimate reason, not just that they don't want to do it. I asked about a obscure item that really drives me crazy and immediately they were able to explain to me what caused the issue and why it was something very difficult to address.

I've said to them many times that I wish they would address the communities questions they way they answer mine, but at the same time I understand why they are not able to as a business. I have a very different perspective on their process because I do the same thing every day (just not on games, on software for Honda). Some people just don't have the insight to understand why you can't just throw more people or money at items.

I'll say this honestly, I've thrown some really big issues and some really, really nitpicky issues at them and with the exception of the "skinny arm glitch" they were aware of them and could explain the design decisions that went into them. I wish they could reinvent the wheel in a year at times too, but it simply isn't possible.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Try to go back and read that last few years of initial impressions from Tradition football and see if it was anything like what they described when it released.

Remember the last 2 years in a row it was " This was fixed in the build we played, we dont know what happened" or, "this was working better when we played it, but now its broken on release".

Every year its the same song and dance, dont know why anyone expects anything different.

this is the reason you can't get anybody to come on this site y'all continue to beat people down...I really think some of y'all need to rethink playing this game....really

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
I'm pretty much done talking about PI after my last post on it, there's nothing more I can say about it. Sliders can't increase the frequency if PI isn't working correctly to begin with.

The second part of your statement here, I'm not sure I follow. The "so" in the second sentence implies some causality to me...help me understand how double team pass blocking affects down field WR/DB interaction?
hey Shaun,

It doesnt effect the interactions of DB/CB in the animations dept, but it does hamper the pass protection with the known swim moves of NCAA and Madden are famous for. We all know about lineman just standing around and letting DE/DT go right by them and fail too engage. Also the lack of double-team blocking makes the Battle at the trenches look jerky, especially 3-4 defenses. Because a lineman will engage and the next lineman will just back up and run in place. Failing too assist the other blocker. Did u see any of this at EA Shaun?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #69
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27

You won't see those types of statements from me (not that it can't happen), because this is my first release cycle. The four guys that are working on NCAA Football now (Drifterbub, David, Hackgolfer and I) are all first year guys.

I'm not naive enough to think everyone is going to agree with my prerogative on things but I will tell you what I honestly think.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #70
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
this is the reason you can't get anybody to come on this site y'all continue to beat people down...I really think some of y'all need to rethink playing this game....really

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
That's true. OS used to be my home (I've been around a long time, my original username "masos98" registered in Nov 2002), but I migrated to TSO a few years ago. I've already been told that I'm going to get crucified on here eventually, I'm hoping being honest will divert that.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #71
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
hey Shaun,

It doesnt effect the interactions of DB/CB in the animations dept, but it does hamper the pass protection with the known swim moves of NCAA and Madden are famous for. We all know about lineman just standing around and letting DE/DT go right by them and fail too engage. Also the lack of double-team blocking makes the Battle at the trenches look jerky, especially 3-4 defenses. Because a lineman will engage and the next lineman will just back up and run in place. Failing too assist the other blocker. Did u see any of this at EA Shaun?
They tuned pass blocking but it still needs some work before the game comes out. The ends seemed to come off their blocks better, in better spots as well but there is still no double team pass blocking.

I can't say it's great or that it will satisfy everyone but it's an improvement. We've complained about O-line/D-line interaction a ton but it isn't going to happen overnight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

good to see TEAM celebrations. This is where the emotion shines through. If they want to "capture the emotion of a college saturday," they need climactic celebrations—diving on top of each other after key plays in the fourth quarter, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »