Home

YOUR plans for Conference Re-Alignment

This is a discussion on YOUR plans for Conference Re-Alignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #73
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: YOUR plans for Conference Re-Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1984
I could almost see Idaho and New Mexico State jumping for joy if the Pac-12 came calling. Sure they'd be doormats, but at least they'd be in a better conference than any of the former WAC schools are in (Big Least for Boise and C-USA and Mountain West for everyone else).
True, better to be a doormat in the Pac-12 than the WAC.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #74
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

OVR: 0

There is no way the Pac 12 would ever consider Idaho or NMSU. They do not have the markets or academia to qualify to be in the Mountain West, much less the Pac 12. They are more likely going to be Independents or regulated to FCS if they are left out to dry.

Also, with all the conference swapping did you notice the Pac 12 stayed pretty quite other than Texas and Oklahoma? It is because if they bring in a team, it is going to be a one with a market and the ability to create revenue. The obvious choices for them if they ever do go to 16 will be Boise St., Fresno St., San Diego St., Nevada, and UNLV. That is if they do not take another stab at the Big 12 and make a play for a Oklahoma St.

I almost choked when you said Idaho and NMSU.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signaltheescape
There is no way the Pac 12 would ever consider Idaho or NMSU. They do not have the markets or academia to qualify to be in the Mountain West, much less the Pac 12. They are more likely going to be Independents or regulated to FCS if they are left out to dry.

Also, with all the conference swapping did you notice the Pac 12 stayed pretty quite other than Texas and Oklahoma? It is because if they bring in a team, it is going to be a one with a market and the ability to create revenue. The obvious choices for them if they ever do go to 16 will be Boise St., Fresno St., San Diego St., Nevada, and UNLV. That is if they do not take another stab at the Big 12 and make a play for a Oklahoma St.

I almost choked when you said Idaho and NMSU.
Yeah, none of those will be receiving a call from the Pac-12 anytime soon (probably ever). The Pac-12 doesn't really have anybody in the immediate vicinity for expansion.

I'm hoping NCAA 13 allows you to at least drop the number of teams in a conference below four. Like, maybe down to two (looking at you, WAC) or one if completely removing a conference is going to be an issue.

Last edited by Noble Evildoer; 05-29-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #76
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Yeah, none of those will be receiving a call from the Pac-12 anytime soon (probably ever). The Pac-12 doesn't really have anybody in the immediate vicinity for expansion.

I'm hoping NCAA 13 allows you to at least drop the number of teams in a conference below four. Like, maybe down to two (looking at you, WAC) or one if completely removing a conference is going to be an issue.
Or at least allow us to Rename Independent and make it a real conference.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 19

Instead of going to the Big East, why wouldn't Boise State be a candidate for either the Big XII or the Pac-12? Conferences really should stick to geography. Of course, everyone is going for the conference with the best media revenue stream. I've enjoyed all of the creative, historical, and competitive shuffling of the conference deck in this thread. I'm curious to see how flexible custom conferences will be in NCAA 13.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #78
Rookie

Altai's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Yea, that was just a guess at what they'd attempt to do. They'd have to try and get more teams than that via some others means.
We can still get at Oklahoma, Ok St., or and TTU. The commisioner Larry Scott decided to stay at 12 after Texas' wouldn't share their revenue, But I'm pretty sure if they wanted to we could lure in the other 3 in again.
NCAA: USC Trojans
MLS: Los Angeles Galaxy
BEPL: Chelsea

Last edited by Altai; 05-31-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #79
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Boise will never join the Pac 12. They don't come anywhere close to the academics. SMU has a better chance with the PAC 12 then Boise does

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 05-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #80
Rookie

Altai's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Boise will never join the Pac 12. They don't come anywhere close to the academics. SMU has a better chance with the PAC 12 then Boise does

Do you really care where I sent this from?
Honestly maybe, I mean Boise State's wrestling program is already in the PAC so if they were trying to get 16 team I could see them joining along with Texas Tech, and maybe some other Big 12, MWC, or C-USA schools.
NCAA: USC Trojans
MLS: Los Angeles Galaxy
BEPL: Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »