Home

"money" man to man defense?

This is a discussion on "money" man to man defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"money" man to man defense?

i play mostly online and every now and then i run into a player that plays 90 % man to man.. im no expert but i dont know exactly how its supposed to work..for example.. i run some man to man sometimes..if a player runs a screen pass to hb my team gets gashed unless i physically change to a lineman and get to play before it starts. even then sometimes im blocked...when i do the same type of play..somehow they have a cpu controlled lineman just immediately chase me down and tackle me. wr middle screens the corner immediately runs with my wr and intercepts half the time. overall it just seems theres a defense out there that covers 90 percent of everything. maybe they are subbing out linebackers and putting corners so they have speed all over the field i dont know

so point is they are using a defense i dont know about or making some type of pre snap adjustments but it cant be too much because they arent switching to different players pre snap. thanks in advance for your help.

ps. i tried highlighting the rb when i think the screen might be coming. but if not i get burned bad by a wr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: "money" man to man defense?

Hard to say what you are doing wrong, but here are a couple of things. They don't have no special defense that you don't know about. My first thought is they know what you are running. Are you running those plays out of the same formation over and over? So are you running only the WR screen out of 1 formation and only running that play out of that formation? If so then it's easy to know what defense to use. That is where I would start, make sure to mix up your play calling good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »