Home

Please quit announcing if my FG attempt "has the distance"

This is a discussion on Please quit announcing if my FG attempt "has the distance" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #25
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Please quit announcing if my FG attempt "has the distance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
I'm not sure what console y'all play on but I know for a fact that on the PS3, if the announcer doesn't say it, there is nothing on the playcalling screen that would hint that the backup is in. If they can't implement it on the playcalling screen, I don't see any issue with the announcer saying it.

Maybe on the Xbox things are different because I've been told that the ball bounces other directions other than straight into the endzone on punts, I was doing something wrong.

Maybe I need to switch which console I play NCAA on -- y'all get hints on when the backup is in and the ball bounces other directions on punts. All hail King Xbox
A fact huh? I love people that are just so sure of themselves yet clearly know absolutely nothing. The playcalling screen actually DOES do something to hint if a backup or wildcat package is in, two things as a matter of fact.

1) The numbers and positions of the skill personnel are shown after the offense selects a play. Not only can you tell how many QB/HB/FB/WR/TE (in that order) are in the game, but it shows the numbers of each. It would not be difficult to realize, hey, #5 is in at QB now instead of #12, I should watch for an option or something like that.

2) If a non-QB player is assigned to take a snap that play (wildcat/HB at QB package), that player will be listed FIRST, instead of the QB. So it will be listed as HB/QB/FB/WR/TE.

I don't know what more you want than that. I think #2 is already too much because the whole point of Wildcat is the deception of a QB splitting out wide and you having to adjust. These are exactly the same cues you would get in real life from a coach in the booth, relayed to the defensive players using laminated personnel cards.

If you're one of those people that tends to quickly call defensive plays before the offense calls theirs, you would never notice these hints and frankly you deserve to get taken by surprise. Calling defensive plays before the offense breaks the huddle says a lot about you as a gamer and no, none of those things are good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

^Wow, someone's on their high horse today aren't they?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #27
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMO15
^Wow, someone's on their high horse today aren't they?
When someone is on here spouting off "facts" which are entirely false and skew the discussion of the thread, they have to be countered. Especially when those false "facts" were posted in such a sarcastic manner.

The way opposing personnel previews are handled in the NCAA series are one of the few incredibly realistic things in this game, having both the booth and PA announcers mention it is a crutch for lazy players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »