Home

NCAA 12/13 and Its Gimmicks

This is a discussion on NCAA 12/13 and Its Gimmicks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
NCAA 12/13 and Its Gimmicks

NCAA 12 is one of the worst games to play when playing a user unless in a OD. Users dont know how to play the game. They just know how to use gimmicks. Aggressive Game Plan features such as strip ball which is used every down and aggressive jump snap which is unrealistic in the way its used because it isnt technically jumping the snap. It in my opinion boosts the DLinemans ratings for a play or two. If abused correctly is a game breaker.

Ive come to see that Aggressive strip ball breaks up passes to even the best wrs and is just cheesy. I wish there was a way to stop stuff like this. Online gamers will do anything to win. Even if its to abuse a feature.

In my personal opinion these features and also pass commit/run commit should be eliminated. Let the ratings dictate the game and let a users pure skill on the sticks dictate how there players play, not for them to rely on cheap gimmicks to win.

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 12/13 and Its Gimmicks

Your PSN CANESFORLIFE863 or something like that? If so then I tried playing you yesterday. You're like 500-500 with 66% DNF......

My PSN is NICK_FAIRLEY..... btw does anybody know the site where you can check out other peoples' stats and whatnot? I definitely wanna start checking that site before playing people..... running into far too many cheeseheads

Now if we had USER PROFILES then we could see what we're getting into before we're getting into it.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

Thank goodness i dont have that kind of time to be 500-500 or even have a DNF that high. Sorry bro, you have the wrong guy.

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Old 05-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

A win should be determined by a combination of things. a teams talent should give an advantage to the better team. they just have more ability and its going to be harder to match up. users skill allows you to make plays, big hits, creative run (currently not available), most importantly qb play. Finally, and the most important to me, is play selection and overall gameplanning and strategy. This is utilizing your best players and neutralizing opponents players. gameplanning to confuse the QB, shutting down a good run game, doubling an elite WR. controlling the clock.

THIS PART OF THE GAME IS LACKING. Mostly because gameplay defficiencys. and lack of gameplanning features like tendency information.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

agreed. im not the overly sim guy that wants the game to be perfect. its a video game. nothing is perfect. i just get tired of having to play games where cheese, exploits and cheap gimmicks are the way to win. Maybe its me but i feel like if you would use the easy way to win in a video game that says alot about you as a person. you would do the same in real life. If youre good, youre good. If not, then you just arent.

It irks me to no end that i could have the perfect play called on offense and a guy uses pass commit, aggresive strip and jump snap and it negates me PLAYING FOOTBALL with my mind. Football is a cerebral sport. its as much mental as it is physical. Yet you run into virtually every player you play online and even some guys on here who do stuff like that and it ruins the game and discourages online play.

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

@villio, im sorry you may think im someone else and you may think lowly of that person and all but that had nothing to do with my post so please if you dont mind delete your comment. It was somewhat uncalled for. Also even if i was that person why does that matter in this case? I have a friend that refuses to play people that exploit/cheeses. He will quit the game. If it means that much to the other person playing that they have to resort to that kind of stuff then its not worth sitting there an hour to figure out a cheap gimmick and still possibly lose. Video game time is already limited.

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I played in an od where our commish allowed strip ball. It irritated very badly.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Yes, let's remove something that diversifies play-calling and strategy. We just had a thread recently that talked about expanding the concept.

Sorry, but this thread sounds more like a "I got burned by something and now I'm mad" type of deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »