Home

Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator of a terrible team?

This is a discussion on Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator of a terrible team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #9
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator of a terrible team?

It's more enjoyable to start out as on O.C. on a one star to eventually working your way up to HC of your favorite team. I usually start with Army and try to build them into a powerhouse over 4 or 5 seasons and then take a HC or OC gig at one of the big name schools.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
I have yet to try the Dynasty yet, but I'm interested in it. What is the major difference between being a coordinator and a head coach? Coordinator just recruits for defense or offense, HC does both?

Coordinator controls only that side of the ball while playing. The other side is super simulated. The rest is the same, recruit both sides of the ball, setup depth charts for both sides of the ball, choose your schedule, etc.

It would be kind of cool if you could only recruit offense/defense but hey maybe 13 will have it...
Old 05-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #11
Rookie

NDGipper32's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
I have yet to try the Dynasty yet, but I'm interested in it. What is the major difference between being a coordinator and a head coach? Coordinator just recruits for defense or offense, HC does both?
dude? were you born yesterday? ooo man, i can't believe you've never played dynasty and are a member of OS. thats crazy!!! you gotta check it out man!!! Dynasty, regardless of some of the ****ty annoying things, is ****ing awesome!!!! highly recommend brother!!!

Current Dynasties ('14):
Playing: Year 6, New Mexico State Aggies 0-0. Week 1.

('11)
Idle: Year 9, Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0. Preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

is this a serious thread?
Old 05-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #13
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
Why would someone start their dynasty as a coordinator at a small school with an awful team?
I think the real question should be: Why would anyone take over a powerhouse and play their dynasty that way??? Where's the challenge? Where's the reward?

I took over as OC at Idaho last year and had lots of fun building them up and eventually moving them to the PAC-16 Super Conference.

Starting out at USC??? Pfff... yeah, lot of fun doing that...

Old 05-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #14
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5

I always start at a one star school & build them up to a six star school. In 11 it was North Texas & in 12 i used Washington State. Not sure which one star school i will be Air Raiding it next with in NCAA 13. Probably a school in a difficult recruiting region. Not too hard to bring in quality talent when you have Texas or California as a pipeline.

Last edited by Paulinho; 05-07-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
is this a serious thread?
Thats what I was thinking. Reminds me of some of the guys that I run across online playing Fight Night. No hesitation, they run straight to the boxers rated 90 and up. Its cool sometimes, but I say lets go 85 rated, 147 pounds and see how good you really are. Not trying to derail the thread talking about FN but its the only game I play online and its the same concept lol.

I always low ball with the underdog. It takes skill to win unlike the high rated, way too easy to win dude.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
Rookie

ey215's Arena

OVR: 1

Because as a life long Padres fan I'm used to suffering.

In all seriousness, I play all sports games this way. I play the LLaMa way in FM and until they got decent I used to always start NCAA as Navy (I grew up thinking the last two words to the National Anthem were "Beat Army!"). Now I scroll through and find a one star to play as.

It just never made sense to me why a powerhouse in any sport would hire a new young coach with no experience to run the program. I find it to be much more rewarding to eek out a winning season with a one star team or even have a losing season, but see improvement with a team like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »