Home

New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed

This is a discussion on New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #25
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New NCAA 13 Dynasty Recruiting Features Detailed

Do we know if the OVR shown in recruiting is the exact rating, or if there's any amount of variables that may affect the rating after the recruit is signed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
If these are implemented correctly, this will provide hours of limitless immersion into the game...
Old 05-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #27
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Things that I liked
-5 star recruits that AREN'T JUST HB & WR. Finally some 5 star recruits in other positions
-Appears you can now see a recruits important ratings quickly w/o having to scroll to the bottom of some screen
-All that dynamic conference & team ratings. Perfect

Things I'm still worried about (basically stems from no confidence in on-field gameplay improvement)
-Recruiting 5 star linemen might be possible, but still wont matter
-Good players will still basically be made based on just on 2-3 attributes (spd, acc, pursuit, pwr move, CiT, etc depending on position) while you can basically ignore the rest
-Wonky generated stats from the simmed games you dont play. Some of this stems from sliders we have to adjust for gameplay to not be ridiculous, and some stems from the AI seeming to despise the running game even on default sliders. Hope the game can handle this and the new dynamic ratings based on these stats. We almost need 2 slider sets, one for gameplay, one for simmed games.

Last edited by aerovt; 05-07-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #28
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
Do we know if the OVR shown in recruiting is the exact rating, or if there's any amount of variables that may affect the rating after the recruit is signed?

It better not be the exact rating. Weak. Sauce.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #29
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Some recruiting tidbits from our brethren at TGT and TSO

gschwendt-The Gaming Tailgate:

Quote:
I never saw it personally but in talking with Jordan, he says he has seen a gem with as high as a +23 swing and busts as high as -17. That may not be reflected in the final game (obviously they'll continue to tune prior to release) but it definitely has a potential to be a huge swing for a player. It means those 1 & 2 star players now can have an impact.
Quote:
Additionally, the points you get for pitches has also been changed quite a bit. You might get 200 points for a A+/Most pitch and then turn around and get 20 for A+/Least. That's a big change from last year where you could still have a successful call pitching only your best graded pitches getting in the range of up to 60 or so for every A+ pitch.
Quote:
Additionally, CPU chooses their targeted recruits more effectively. You should see less (possibly none) instances of the CPU having 8 QBs on their roster. Now they'll take into account needs for that season, recruits that really like them, and then will start looking at the junior class to determine needs for the future. That should be a big help in making sure that they build a solid roster so that when you take over for them in Year 5, you're not stuck with more QBs than total OL.
Drifterbub-Tradition Sports Online

Quote:
They should. They did some more tweaking to the board logic. Also with the institution of the playing style pitch, recruits that fit the CPUs style should be more interested. Plus, the interest of a recruit is much more dynamic. So it should allow CPU teams to be more capable of going and getting guys that fit.
Shaun Mason-Tradition Sports Online

Quote:
Also, Drifter and I got them to make Heisman recruiting even harder.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3
something tells me that the mock drafts will have a direct impact to madden. could that be the connected careers madden has teased if so it would be cool if the mock draft changes daily in real life. for instance a guy that is rated a top 10 pick fall after a bad combine or pro day or vice versa.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinst21
something tells me that the mock drafts will have a direct impact to madden. could that be the connected careers madden has teased if so it would be cool if the mock draft changes daily in real life. for instance a guy that is rated a top 10 pick fall after a bad combine or pro day or vice versa.
Im not sure if it will be connected per say. But, I think it should be very similar.
I dont want to see a player get drafted in 3rd round in NCAA, but got drafted late in 6th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #32
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I swore, I SWORE I would not get sucked into the hype machine this year. Oh well, pre-order money is set and ready to go.

I'm so weak.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »