Home

Neutral Site Games?

This is a discussion on Neutral Site Games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #41
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Neutral Site Games?

I have no idea if this easy or not and I am not going to sit up here act like I do. However, this is a HUGE part of college football. Now with the Chick-fil-a kick off, games at Jerry World, hell even USC is playing Syracuse at Met Life field this year. WE NEED this feature. I am not asking for extra presentation for these games, I just want the ability to set what stadium I play my games in during dynasty for just the non-confrence games. I can live with that, hell I dont care if cant touch the confrence games or not. I still play NCAA 98 and 2000 on my PS3 because I can set this feature up despite the fact these games are 14 years old. It just about more user control over my dynasty.

This is so annoying for me. Every year, I go out an pre-order a copy on both systems and have done so since NCAA 2003 because I love college football and everything it is about. No I am not special and no my desires for this game don't mean more than the next man, enough is enough. There are a lot of other things I would love to see, but I know the team is working their butts off to give us the game we all know we deserve and I am grateful for that, but this is the line for me.

I'm calling on everybody who loves college football to join in on this man. Let's make this the new dreads battle. No neutral site games, no PEACE!!!!!

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #42
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Well, they could half-*** it like most of you seem to want, but to fully implement it, would be much harder than you think.

Their scheduling logic is not perfect already and Neutral site games would throw a wrench in that. The game would have to know when to schedule these games, and eventually they wouldn't have an actual schedule to go off of, so then it has to figure out when to randomly schedule these games.

Now, you may say that you get to set your schedule anyways during pre-season, but this isn't true for CPU controlled teams.

I don't see commentary being that big of an issue, as one of the teams would be the home team anyways, plus the game has Neutral site games, ala Oklahoma vs. Texas.

The biggest thing they would have t overcome is the scheduling logic, which given the amount of problems that has already with changing up conferences, seems to be a HUGE task.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #43
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

That's just something we're going to have to figure out...I will be mad if it's not in this year's game but since it obviously already isn't in I won't be surprised and I'm still buying. I will be pretty ticked if this is not in next year's game (NCAA '14), there shouldn't be an excuse. FIGURE THIS OUT. This is one of the reasons I'm working on my blog for this so we can figure out some roadblocks and possible ways to solve them so we can finally get this crap in the game. EA Sports: If it's in the game...we'll think about it.

Last edited by SafetyGreen; 05-09-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #44

Suntan Superman's Arena

Tbi, its that kind of attitude that let's me realize why people from corporations rarely come here, or their own boards anymore. Someways I feel like I'm just waiting for EA to shut NCAA down so we have 0 college games. Then everyone will be happier right?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #45
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Tbi, its that kind of attitude that let's me realize why people from corporations rarely come here, or their own boards anymore. Someways I feel like I'm just waiting for EA to shut NCAA down so we have 0 college games. Then everyone will be happier right?
Yeah they'll be happy not making money. We're trying to make the game better dude, if something that everyone seems to want in the game isn't in...we're customers we have a right to be mad...that's sort of how business works

Last edited by SafetyGreen; 05-09-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #46
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Im not mad I just would like 2 see it make it in the game

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 05-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #47

Suntan Superman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyGreen
Yeah they'll be happy not making money. We're trying to make the game better dude, if something that everyone seems to want in the game isn't in...we're customers we have a right to be mad...that's sort of how business works
Trying to make the game better by insulting the company making it. I'm sure that's exactly what they want to listen to. You have every right to be mad, and they have every right to ignore you when you whine like 5 year old girl who didn't get a Barbie playhouse for christmas. There's a way to get things done, continuously insulting the company you're trying to appeal to, is not one.

But by all means, continue to be fervent in your efforts, just try to be adult about it.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I don't know why what happened on the Playstation had anything to do with it. It's different systems. It's different everything.
You seem like the type of person that enjoys being argumentive and down right difficult. My point is that it was a feature over a decade ago and EA someday may bring it back like it's a brand spanking new feature. Yes Playstation was a different system, a simpler system that had something not so seemingly complex, neutral site games. It's a feature I've wanted back for years and clearly others also

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »