Home

Neutral Site Games?

This is a discussion on Neutral Site Games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #57
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Neutral Site Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCWS83
Why exactly would this be a wrench? Just allow the game to generate schedules as it does already, allowing us users to toggle home/away/neutral site.
Then the only teams that would have Neutral Site games are the User and the teams that he plays. The CPU wouldn't have any Neutral Site games.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #58
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
Then the only teams that would have Neutral Site games are the User and the teams that he plays. The CPU wouldn't have any Neutral Site games.
I feel like you could do the neutral sites correctly the first year...the issue would be the subsequent dynasty years. Who would be in the next year's Chick-Fil-A kickoff when it isn't determined yet. A simple solution would just be get this year's right and let us do what you had quoted in the following years. I'd take that.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 32
Gonna be locked
Old 05-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #60
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree that neutral site games is a pain.

But I agree with the gentleman above stating it isn't as easy as you may think it is.

I am around (don't work @ it, mind you) a new develpmental system @ work and even the slytest change can bug up a system so bad, it could take weeks just to hammer that bug out to where the system (in this case, the game) works properly.

You take that in to account along with certain deadlines to meet and a year to year develpment cycle along with other improvements/adjustments and some stuff just doesn't make it.

I'm not saying that is a valid excuse as to why neutral site games aren't in there. They honestly should've been in there by now. But (and correct me if I'm wrong) with a lot of shaking up @ the top of Tiburon, you can't expect everything.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #61
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
I agree that neutral site games is a pain.

But I agree with the gentleman above stating it isn't as easy as you may think it is.

I am around (don't work @ it, mind you) a new develpmental system @ work and even the slytest change can bug up a system so bad, it could take weeks just to hammer that bug out to where the system (in this case, the game) works properly.

You take that in to account along with certain deadlines to meet and a year to year develpment cycle along with other improvements/adjustments and some stuff just doesn't make it.

I'm not saying that is a valid excuse as to why neutral site games aren't in there. They honestly should've been in there by now. But (and correct me if I'm wrong) with a lot of shaking up @ the top of Tiburon, you can't expect everything.
That's an easier of way of saying it's harder than you think than jumping on people like a puma
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #62
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

There were neutral site games in NCAA Football 2000 for PS1. I remember playing Miami with Notre Dame at the old Giants/Jets stadium. I don't recall if you could schedule this, or if it was just part of the old Kickoff Classic that was automatic
Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #63
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Even if they just added neutral site games for all of the rivalry matchups that have those (insert those games here because Virginia Tech doesn't have these), and then had it open for the Chic Fil A kickoff every year. It usually always includes an SEC team...so they could randomly select from a pool the SEC team, and then figure out something for the opposing team. They could do the same for the games played at Jerry's World. They could do a random team thing and set it up just like they do the conference championships and bowl games. Just a thought.

Regardless...I want Neutral Site Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This year, Virginia Tech plays Cincinnati at Fed Ex field (redskins), and yet on NCAA 13, I will have to play them at Virginia Tech. sigh...

Old 05-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyGreen
Alrighty then...anyways...does anybody know of any Neutral Site games that aren't already in the game that happen yearly? Such as the Chick-Fil-A Opener or whatnot? LSU/Oregon last year I believe was just part of agreement between the schools. Edit: Please go back and read the posts to see who started this little melee
The LSU Oregon game was the Cowboys Classic at Jerry World, this year's matchup is Michigan vs Alabama. Cowboys Stadium has hosted numerous matchups like Arkansas vs Texas A&M but now that it's a conference game both schools want it on campus because you can't host recruits at a neutral site game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »