Home

No Coaching Carousel Improvements?

This is a discussion on No Coaching Carousel Improvements? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #41
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: No Coaching Carousel Improvements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulraquel1294
Actually I disagree. I think it's great that you start at 50% again because lets say Alabama does well for four years HC signs a 3 year extension but during those 3 years Alabama doesn't have a winning record. That let's the coordinators or hc's from other schools be able to get this job.
It still doesn't make sense. At 100% job security, if you tank three years in a row you would be on the hot seat (and likely fired) because you failed a lot of goals. Having it reset to 50% is lazy and likely another oversight on EA's part.

No coach should start out at 50% job security, let alone have it reset after an extension. If this were real life, Nick Saban would've been fired after his first year at Bama.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #42
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah, this is about the only thing I'm really disappointed with. If they were to simply tune Coach Progression, I'd be okay with that. But Coaching Carousel is the best part of dynasty, and I would have really liked to have seen it improved. Still, its mostly logic stuff that they need to fix, and I guess there is always the chance that there is still time for that.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #43
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
How do you know for 100% certainty that it isn't at least somewhat fixed/adjusted? If I remember correctly, false "information" came out a few years ago which made many, many people mad and they claimed it was a "no buy" because of it after they heard the news. However, when the game finally came out, it was in the game. I wish I could remember what it was, but this kind of overreaction happens nearly every year at this point of the game cycle.

Don't believe what you hear unless you hear it from someone at EA. If you hear it from EA, then you can go ahead with your no-buy stance and I won't say anything.

Someone saying "to my knowledge" shouldn't be enough to just completely rule out the possibility of them at least fixing some of the issues.
Well, we don't know for certain that it hasn't been touched. That's certainly true. However, these are the same people who are touting "ALL-NEW PUMP FAKE ANIMATIONS!" Even to the extent of putting them into a "sizzle" trailer. You'd have to think that anything even remotely significant done to coaching carousel would have at least gotten a mention in one of the dynasty blogs. Maybe they did do some minor tuning, but this mode needs way more than that.

Also, coaching carousel being unchanged doesn't make the game a no-buy for me. There are plenty of other reasons I won't be buying the game, again, this year.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #44
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
How do you know for 100% certainty that it isn't at least somewhat fixed/adjusted? If I remember correctly, false "information" came out a few years ago which made many, many people mad and they claimed it was a "no buy" because of it after they heard the news. However, when the game finally came out, it was in the game. I wish I could remember what it was, but this kind of overreaction happens nearly every year at this point of the game cycle.

Don't believe what you hear unless you hear it from someone at EA. If you hear it from EA, then you can go ahead with your no-buy stance and I won't say anything.

Someone saying "to my knowledge" shouldn't be enough to just completely rule out the possibility of them at least fixing some of the issues.
I don't know 100%. But I know it's highly unlikely at this point with most of the information known. Not to mention, ShaunLMason pretty well confirmed it. Regardless, I am holding out hope. If they announce they have done work, then I'll reconsider. Like I said, I want to make a statement with my wallet, even if it's a small one. However, I really would much rather purchase the game. But if they can't fix something so crucial, I see no sense in making the purchase. Just one man's opinion.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just canceled my preorder....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 11
Can someone help me out? I really don't know what issues were with coaches carousel this year. Using it in my online dynasty, user coaches got good job offers within 2 years and were offered good hc jobs in bcs conferences by year 4. One replaced les miles

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #47
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
Can someone help me out? I really don't know what issues were with coaches carousel this year. Using it in my online dynasty, user coaches got good job offers within 2 years and were offered good hc jobs in bcs conferences by year 4. One replaced les miles

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah I didn't have any problems with firings/hirings either, but many did so there must have been some issues that could pop up.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #48
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

just so you guys know, illwill already said no changes to Coaching Carrosel or Conference Changes. said that in thread during the video on monday. He said a couple small tweaks but no changes. sucks becaused of how bad coaching carrosel was. I know that it would be great to be able to remove conference's and they said last year they were gonna do it but i bet the NCAA axed that idea. I doubt they want their licensed products (conferences) being removed. but maybe it was just ea's idea not to touch it. but as far as coaching carosel idk why they didnt touch it. it was a complete joke. Small school coordinators always get the big jobs. only the head coaches that have expiring contracts and dont resign (about 5 to 8 a season, sometimes less) get better jobs and then its mostly no bcs assistants that get the jobs. if you have tunnel vision on just your coach and offers it doesnt seem bad but the big picture moves are garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »