Home

CPU AI still going to know what play I am running?

This is a discussion on CPU AI still going to know what play I am running? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #17
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CPU AI still going to know what play I am running?

This would be huge for me as well. With a 2x2 gun formation, I should not have 7 in the box. Maybe 6 if it is a nickel formation and they are going zone, but not 7 or 8.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #18
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

This is one of my biggest complaints as well.

How many times have you sacked the QB just because it does not run the screen properly or just doesnt throw the ball away? I find myself giving each team a custom playbook and taking out all of the screen plays just so the computer wont kill themselves with it.

This will make or break the single game experience for others. I however will not be purchasing the game this year.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 05-09-2012, 02:56 AM   #19
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
EA is also aware. This has been brought up for many years.
Are you a Game Changer? Not trying to sound rude or anything but if you can shed some light on it, that would be much appreciated. If its assumed they know, well, that doesn't really help us.

To me, it seems like a simple fix -- have the AI defense matchup and then have it choose a random play. That would at least keep the stategy in it since the AI will be unpredictable. Once that foundation is perfected, add coach tendencies in there and we're good. But getting the AI to at least matchup so it doesn't seem like it knows our play is the first step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
They don't have no 70inch vertical lol...

It's the dumb low line pass trajectory that makes them seem like they are jumping high. Hope the way they fixed the pass this year helps...
I hope it fixes it. My concern is what if the MLB is in spy mode over the middle and the pass comes his way while he's facing the QB. Will he be able to make a play on it? Are their ever passes to low for him to make a play on it or will it always be perfect trajectory to get it over him? How is it balanced?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:15 AM   #20
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
I hope it fixes it. My concern is what if the MLB is in spy mode over the middle and the pass comes his way while he's facing the QB. Will he be able to make a play on it? Are their ever passes to low for him to make a play on it or will it always be perfect trajectory to get it over him? How is it balanced?
Yes I want to know this as well and hope they get it right. Hope it don't turn into a scoring fest that you have to Wr lucky to stop somebody because the ball can be thrown perfect everytime
Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #21
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah Ive had to remind myself not to get my hopes because when the game comes out this an other things quickly start to pile up an before long Im Arnold Glaring the screen

Theres been a multitude of reasons over the years that won't even allow me to finish 1 full season of a dynasty

Im hoping that changes this year but Im still worried about many things

Lack of Neutral Site Games
Wonky CPU FG logic
CPU Depth Charts being screwed up(Safties at LB/DL)
BCS Rankings logic
Will the OL/DL Play be balanced
Slider Effectiveness

Then will the new stuff they've added actually function correctly

will we really see all of these new animtions/Pass Trajectories

EA's track Record doesn't allow me to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore

So Im still waiting in the car checking out the scene....Im ready for the straight up Gameplay footage

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-09-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #22
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Are you a Game Changer? Not trying to sound rude or anything but if you can shed some light on it, that would be much appreciated. If its assumed they know, well, that doesn't really help us.

To me, it seems like a simple fix -- have the AI defense matchup and then have it choose a random play. That would at least keep the stategy in it since the AI will be unpredictable. Once that foundation is perfected, add coach tendencies in there and we're good. But getting the AI to at least matchup so it doesn't seem like it knows our play is the first step.
You mean have the CPU pick plays the way a HUMAN does? By seeing the number of receivers, down and distance and picking an appropriate playcall? ::gasp::
Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #23
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Much better?! They already know my plays, are they now going to know my motions and snap count
Old 05-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
Much better?! They already know my plays, are they now going to know my motions and snap count
Actually, with the way the CPU can jump the snap (even when I mix in hard counts and vary the timing) it feels like they do know your snap count.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »