Home

Sooooo EA....umm what about Teambuilder??

This is a discussion on Sooooo EA....umm what about Teambuilder?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #57
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sooooo EA....umm what about Teambuilder??

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
That is what ea does. They implement new features only to never improve upon them. They will probably just end up removing that feature before they ever improve it.
Then they will bring it back next gen, call it something new, and tout it as a revolutionary new feature of the game.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #58
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
Teambuilder isn't that widely used of a feature. Yes, there are hundreds of teams made but in comparison to online games and dynasty is is barely used. Not a feature that they are or should spend time on until the gameplay is top notch and the game is bug free
Wut?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #59
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

I'd love to be able to use a teambuilder uniform as an alternate for my team. that would be sick
Old 06-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #60
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

Some of my greatest memories of this game were using the teambuilder to create my Butte State Bulls. However, in the last few years, that hasn't happened. This feature, like others have said, has TONS of potential to be amazing. More uniform options, manufacturer logos, more team logos, more accessories, stadium options and stadium features, choosing rivals, creating traditions (entrances) for teams, and more fight song options.

The list of areas to be improved is long. However, I think they can do some of these quite easily if they would only put the time into it. I really hope they make this a point of focus in the next year or two.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 06-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
Teambuilder isn't that widely used of a feature. Yes, there are hundreds of teams made but in comparison to online games and dynasty is is barely used. Not a feature that they are or should spend time on until the gameplay is top notch and the game is bug free
Hundreds of teams really? might do you good to research before posting the number is somewhere in the hundred thousands. nice try though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #62
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Not to mention a lot of people stopped using it because they never did anything to update it. It has a lot of potential if it'd get some attention. Think of if they added half the stuff on the teambuilder wishlist instead of adding a feature that most people won't even play for an extended period.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #63
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

It is a little disappointing that they haven't put much effort into this. I've used it every year since they created it to create a football team for my alma mater and it gives my dynasty some life (it's not fun using Alabama anymore since they're so good in the game).

I'm really not sure why they haven't done more with this feature; there's so much potential

Watch me play video games
Old 06-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #64
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

A big part of the problem with the mode is just that there are so many limitations to it. There have been a lot of times where I just wanted 1 road uniform and 3 home uniforms, but you're forced into 2 and 2. You're forced into just two helmets and two pants when many times could have a handful. You're also limited to just two logos and even on the most basic of teams, that isn't enough, especially if you want to add a sponsor logo or something. When I try to replicate Nebraska but with black alternate uniforms, I am stuck with the N logo for the helmet, the "Winning Tradition" shoulder patch and get no adidas logo.

If you want to be in a "unique" stadium, you're limited to maybe a dozen that have no logos or very few logos (Air Force was always my go to). If you want to be in a pro stadium or bowl stadium, you're forced to have a split half and half crowd as well as the bowl/championship game logos all over. There is no way to customize accessories to give the team a unique look. There is no way to customize rivals or things of that nature once you get within a dynasty.

It is just a dull game mode. Too many limitations on the existing system to make it worth while, never mind the numerous additions that could help develop the mode deeper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »