Home

NCAA Football 13 Will Not Feature In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Will Not Feature In-Game Saves within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #33
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: NCAA Football 13 Will Not Feature In-Game Saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
Yeah, considering that every sports game not made by EA Sports has this feature, this is pretty much unacceptable. Shows the imcompetency of EA, even with the increased size of the gameplay team...
You'd think if SCEA can make something like cross platform saves work between the PS3 and the Vita, by now EA could make something like in game saves work.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #34
Rookie

MNgoph's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I've left my 360 on for about 10 hours without any issues. I was downloading a large demo.

Even when games had in game save, I usually just paused it and turned off the TV. Took less time to start back up that way. Not even an issue to me.

It is an issue with me. Two sons that play the ps3, as well as the wife and daughter who play and the youngest girl who wants to watch Netflix, the in game save is huge for me. Why I can save after every hole in Tiger Woods but not save at the end of a quarter is a terrible mistake.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #35
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
The only reason any of us are pointing out this problem is because the game sound good and worth playing. If I thought the game was going to suck I would care. The other problem I have had is playing all the way the second half or forth quarter only to have the game freeze. This also happens in Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim but, I would already saved it in-game. It happened a lot more on NCAA 10 and has gotten better but, it still happens. Everything about the game sounds great it's just crazy that they dropped the ball with this yet again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Yeah, given the history of the XBOX 360 and its fail rate, I wouldn't be comfortable leaving it on and paused for hours on end, let alone days.

Though I personally am not bothered by its omission, at least for this year, I can fully understand the frustration over the lack of this feature.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #37
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

This bugs me to no end. In-game saves should be available, and it's so frustrating that it's not.

More and more gamers are older, and yet, as we get older, we have other things going on, and we can't always sit down for an hour to play. Sometimes I have 20-30 minutes to jump in and play something, and I'll throw in something that doesn't require a huge time commitment, or allows in game saves, like 2K or The Show.

And not just these sports games...I would rather play adventure/RPG games that allow for frequent saves, as opposed to those games with a long time between save points.

These are GAMES...they are supposed to be fun. Let us have fun on our own terms.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #38
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Sure it might not matter some people, but it's another last-gen feature that has yet migrate to the current-gen...seven years later. Especially since it's been on the community wishlist for a while now. This feature seems like it's pretty standard across sports gaming...and gaming in general. Not an intelligent move by EA Sports...
Exactly my thoughts.

Almost every night I play 15 minutes of NBA 2K12 while my wife showers. Once she is done I "save and quit." This allows me to sneak in 3-4 extra games per week.

But I cannot do this with any EA Sports titles.

In short, this makes me (and many others) play EA's games less. Yet they fail to realize this is bad for them.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 26

Was going to purchase anyway but disappointed nonetheless

Just call me Sanchez
Old 05-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #40
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

This has never been an issue for me. I live alone, I only start games when I know I can finish them and in the event something comes up, I've got no problem leaving my system on for however long to finish.

However, this seems like one of those features that should be a common sense add by EA. It cannot possibly be that difficult to employ, given its use in damn near every other game of the type (some for many years). I had a post on here a few weeks back about how most popular sports games have had the basics right for a few years and just subtly improve each year, meanwhile EA still struggles getting the most fundamental basics down. This is one of those basic fundamental things that EA seems to ignore in lieu of insane features no one really cares that much about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »