Home

NCAA Football 13 Will Not Feature In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Will Not Feature In-Game Saves within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #49
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I'd love to have it. I really play late at night after my wife and kids have gone to sleep. But still there are those nights when one of the kids will wake up crying and that takes priority over a game. It would be nice to have the option.

That said, not a deal breaker.
Yup I'm in the same boat... Kinda learn to quit playing games as much because of that reason, but I do love gaming lol
Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #50
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 13 Will Not Feature In-Game Saves

The reason it's not it is probably because it would take a substantial amount of change (read: time) in how the current architecture records and archives information, and it's not really as attention-grabbing as new uniforms, catch animations, etc.

It's too bad, though. Every other sports game offers in-game saves. It's extremely helpful to be able to fire up a game, have something come up that requires you to step away for a while, and not have to just throw away the time that you put into the game you've started. It always annoys me to have to play a single matchup more than once... especially if I'm playing well the first time, then get destroyed the second go-round.

Bottom line is, if it doesn't affect our decision in whether or not to purchase the game, it will be shoved to the back of the line. Look at the responses in this thread. It is a "dealbreaker" to very few people.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

Last edited by rspencer86; 05-10-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #51
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
As a married father, whose life often leaves little (and sporadic) time for gaming, this greatly disappoints me. Frankly, unless there are dramatic advancements, this is a dealbreaker for me.
I agree with you GlennN. NBA 2k12 has it and I love it since I don't always have the time to play. I don't play 5 min quarters so this "simple" feature bothers me. I find it incredible that EA refuses to do it. Come on, how hard is it to program an in save option? I was also hoping that Road To Glory has been improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #52
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
yeah I will not be able to purchase this game then anymore. I am having my 4th child this year so no in game save = no game play
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #53
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Not at all. It's tougher and tougher for me to commit the hour or so to play a full game. I am strictly on offline dynasty player, and if I can't complete a game, why buy the game?

Again, this is a standard feature in just about every if not every non-EA Sports sports game release. No excuse not to have it any longer.
Agree on all points. After eleven years, the time has finally come for me to part ways with NCAA, because they outright refuse to add the one feature that would actually let me finish games. I can't count the number of times where I have about 20 or 30 minutes to kill, but I don't want to start a game because I know it will take longer than that to finish. I end up getting nowhere in my dynasties because I can't just sit down and play several games in a day like I did when I was a college student and got a summer break.

I might rent it, but I'm not buying it anymore. I am, however, glad to see that OS is giving this issue some virtual ink. It's way, way, way overdue.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #54
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I honestly don't see why this hasn't been implemented yet. To me, it would have been on the top priority list within the first couple years of the next gen consoles coming out (360 and PS3) but we are still without it. I know many of us work all day and only have a couple of hours when we get home to do different things. And then many more of us have families and can't sit down for an hour or two to play a whole football game. So having in-game saves is very important to those demographics and I feel like that demographic is growing more and more every year. Many of us that started with this series when we were in high school or sooner and are now grown up and out of college and in the real world with not much time to spare. I honestly still play NCAA '12 and love playing it but can't devote much time during the week to play because there just isn't any in-game saves so I don't want to start a game and it already it end up being almost midnight when I officially done after recruiting and everything. I hope EA just considers it for next years game, but it is rather disappointing that it's not in this years game with the major advancements in technology.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #55
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

it's a joke that this isn't in the game yet. and it is a big deal, since at this point, ea still haven't released a decent football game this gen. the least they could do during this drought is give us in game saves back. not like we're asking them to split the atom. it's a save mechanic; it's not that complicated. make it happen this year. no reason you can't do that. none at all. tired of this company and their never ending river of excuses.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #56
Banned

Osceola's Arena

OVR: 5

If you really had to stop playing and wanted to finish you could always super-sim the game...Not ideal but an option

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »