Home

New Teams in NCAA 13

This is a discussion on New Teams in NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: New Teams in NCAA 13

I'm still not sure why we can't get FCS schools in the game. Don't even need all of them, just the major conferences or at least the ones that schedule FBS opponents. Most teams now schedule an FCS opponent every year, so it is part of the game.

Don't need super accurate rosters or anything either. I know it's not a huge thing, but it was something they had in the game over a decade ago. Not sure why the amount of teams has gone backwards from 12 years ago. I think this would be something that would enhance the game a lot. Especially since a lot of people went to these FCS schools. And yes I know there is Team Builder for that, but I would like to be able to schedule them on my own too.

And since FCS has an easier system to work out, you could also probably build it into Dynasty mode. Start off at a smaller FCS school and have to work your way up to the big schools. Sort of like how they did it in CH2K8.

Last edited by bears5122; 05-11-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #18
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
I don't see why they wouldn't include Georgia State in this game. Its not like they don't have the Georgia Dome in the game already, all that seems to be needed is changing the crowd from the SEC Championship competitor colors to blue. I don't see how, without South Alabama or Georgia State, a complete schedule could be built. I wouldn't even be concerned with having to have the stadiums for them, just give us teams with generic stadiums or the option to add teambuilder teams without taking another FBS team out.
GSU committed to 1-A football too late.

South Alabama misinformed EA. They botched that up themselves.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #19
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Are you sure Gillette Stadium is in the trailer? I didn't think theyd actually have it in the game..
Why not? They have Lucas Oil, Ford Field, the Georgia Dome, and the Super Dome (among others).
Old 05-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #20
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14

Sounds like in the next few years there will be more teams jumping to the FBS such as Liberty and Old Dominion

PS4 Username: TJDavis45

Isaiah 41:10
Old 05-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #21
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2

Even though this isn't really a team, anyone know anything about Mascot Matchup? Seeing as Wolfie won Capital One mascot of the year, I hope hes in the game
NCAA #1: Nevada Wolf Pack
NCAA #2: UCLA Bruins
NFL: Denver Broncos
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trailblazers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 02:42 AM   #22
Rookie

djblizza's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakydeaky9
Even though this isn't really a team, anyone know anything about Mascot Matchup? Seeing as Wolfie won Capital One mascot of the year, I hope hes in the game
I dont even think EA realizes we have a mascot...its been how many years and Wolfie still isnt in the game. I dont really care if hes in the mascot matchup or not but it would be cool to see him on the sidelines during the games like normal schools.
NCAAF#1 Nevada Wolfpack
NCAAF#2 Miami Hurricanes
NCAAB#1 Nevada Wolfpack
NCAAB#2 UNLV Rebels
MLB San Francisco Giants
NHL San Jose Sharks
NFL San Francisco 49ers
NBA Sacramento Kings
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis45
Sounds like in the next few years there will be more teams jumping to the FBS such as Liberty and Old Dominion
*sees icon* I some how doubt that. Sure, they want to move up, but you have to get an invitation as I doubt they'd just move up as an independent. The Sun Belt may not even take them as they will still have a decent membership (given their history) of 10 teams with South Alabama and Georgia State moving up and the addition of Texas State, despite the loss of FIU and UNT.

Old Dominion is a no as well, as although they are in talks with C-USA, they would not begin football play that season in C-USA; same with Charlotte. I guess ODU could be an independent though.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
*sees icon* I some how doubt that. Sure, they want to move up, but you have to get an invitation as I doubt they'd just move up as an independent. The Sun Belt may not even take them as they will still have a decent membership (given their history) of 10 teams with South Alabama and Georgia State moving up and the addition of Texas State, despite the loss of FIU and UNT.

Old Dominion is a no as well, as although they are in talks with C-USA, they would not begin football play that season in C-USA; same with Charlotte. I guess ODU could be an independent though.
Old Dominion, I believe, is still deciding but Charlotte will be playing in the CUSA in 2015

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »