Home

OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

After yesterday's big gameplay reveals, we asked our staff what they thought of the game this year. There is a mix of excitement and healthy skepticism abound. Be sure to read on and share your thoughts at the end!

Read More - OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

I'm still waiting for proof of the so called enhancements

my favorite quote from the article that basically states why I wont be purchasing
Quote:
Double team pass blocking remains absent, as offensive linemen who are not engaged still stand in place, twitching and turning around looking confused. This is inexcusable for a football franchise entering its seventh season on the Xbox 360/Playstation 3.
very good article thanks for posting

Last edited by moylan1234; 04-18-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: OS Roundtable: What do you think of the NCAA Football Gameplay Enhancements?

Pretty good breakdown. The improvements sounds good on paper, but there's a cautious optimism that surrounds anything EA does nowadays.

It seems like Jayson and I harbor the same attitude towards this series. It's great that they're trying, but it's too little, too late at this point.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 19
Not impressed. It's 2012 and this series still has synchronized running. With all the advanced technology at EA Sport's disposal, we get a shinier repackaged NCAA 12 from NCAA 13.

That's my opinion. I don't see an improvement, but I have not played this game, yet. So a true gameplay review will have to wait.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Loving it. It directly addressed the issues I had with NCAA 12 and kept '12 from being a worthy follow up to NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Good article. Agreed with pretty much everything I read. Also love how the improvements and lack of a improvements were made more than aware.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Won't matter if the game is broken after patch 1. But the improvements sound promising, hopefully ncaa regroups and gives us a good product after last years debacle.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Making it to where you can't throw a ball to a receiver until "he reaches a point in the route where he expects the ball or is looking at the QB" is a great addition to the game as well.
Man. That feature is really tripping people up. You can throw the ball to him. He simply won't try to catch it unless the user takes over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »