Home

In this thread, discuss all the things NOT

This is a discussion on In this thread, discuss all the things NOT within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: In this thread, discuss all the things NOT

I guess I should have put let's " speculate on what will not be in the game, because many of you seem to want to be giving ea the benefit of the doubt AGAIN??????

I apologize for the car references, but being a master mechanic it's my area of expertise.

I own a company that installs artificial grass, if I come to your home, sell you my product, but measure wrong, or put in the wrong turf, will you give me a pass? I mean my budget is only so big & I only have 3 installers, come on.

How many times would you bring in your car to me to fix, if I didn't fix the problem? Hey I washed the car, aired up the tires & replaced the wiper blades but sorry the engine still won't idle correctly? You woul find another mechanic right? But wait, I'm the only mechanic, so your stuck with me & my shoddy work.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #18

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyGreen
Oh look the programmer is back. Dear lord man please quit. You are not above anyone on this forum so CHILL. That being said I agree there are too many of these threads but again WE ARE THE CUSTOMER...we ARE allowed to say what we think is wrong with the product. So CHILL. It'd be one thing if you use your supposed "expertise" for explaining how things work but you come on here trying to make people look dumb...and it's just...annoying. I said I'd be mad if they didn't have neutral site games NEXT YEAR in 2014 (in a diff thread) and you told me to go play with my barbie hahaha. If writing code is so annoying get another job, everybody has problems my friend
If that's what you think I said, I'd suggest you read what I post a little better.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #19

Suntan Superman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamanutt
I guess I should have put let's " speculate on what will not be in the game, because many of you seem to want to be giving ea the benefit of the doubt AGAIN??????

I apologize for the car references, but being a master mechanic it's my area of expertise.

I own a company that installs artificial grass, if I come to your home, sell you my product, but measure wrong, or put in the wrong turf, will you give me a pass? I mean my budget is only so big & I only have 3 installers, come on.

How many times would you bring in your car to me to fix, if I didn't fix the problem? Hey I washed the car, aired up the tires & replaced the wiper blades but sorry the engine still won't idle correctly? You woul find another mechanic right? But wait, I'm the only mechanic, so your stuck with me & my shoddy work.
The video game industry is a different marketplace than your traditional marketplace, while I understand exactly where you're coming from(What gets lost here is that I have the same gripes as many of you), its not exactly applicable. Video games are not a necessary item, and therefore aren't subject to stricter quality of work laws. Is it an excuse for EA to keep dropping the ball on some issues? No. I'm not making excuses for them, but what I am tired of is everyone endlessly complaining about how "easy" it would be to do this, when in reality its not that easy. As a mechanic, I'm sure you appreciate the intricacies of rebuilding a transmission, while a lot of it seems simple, its not as easy as it looks. The same goes for the stock programming and implementation of the programming. That's all I'm here to say.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #20
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
With that said, I will tell you what should NOT be in the game:

Bugs & Glitches
If there are NO bugs or glitches, I will buy everyone on Operation Sports a free copy of NCAA '14.

There will be issues. Let's just hope EA can squash the facepalming, "How-The-Hell-Did-That-Get-By-QA" type and address the rest quickly with patches.

Anyway, I guess this thread can serve as a reminder that EA has plenty of room left for improvement. But really, I prefer to take a step back and try to enjoy the game and appreciate the extreme complexities and detail that these guys are trying to model and actually do a pretty good job of it for the most part.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 05-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #21
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
When you can write the code for five hours, come back and talk. As a programmer everything you wrote is summarized into a programming headache. Plus with people like you, no matter what they did it would never, ever be good enough.
Is creating a in-game save option a headache? Incredible that EA thinks all of us have time to finish a game all in one sitting. NBA2k12 has no problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #22

Suntan Superman's Arena

Actually it is, especially just adding it. It creates some issues with stat tracking, and how large the save file should be. I imagine they've tried to do it, but run into problems with all the variables of football. NBA 2k is less variable intensive. Now before anyone jumps on my back and derides me as a fanboy, I'm not saying EA has or hasn't tried, nor am I attempting to make an excuse for them to not have in-game saves, just reasonably assessing the situation. I would like to have in game saves as well, personally.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Actually it is, especially just adding it. It creates some issues with stat tracking, and how large the save file should be. I imagine they've tried to do it, but run into problems with all the variables of football. NBA 2k is less variable intensive. Now before anyone jumps on my back and derides me as a fanboy, I'm not saying EA has or hasn't tried, nor am I attempting to make an excuse for them to not have in-game saves, just reasonably assessing the situation. I would like to have in game saves as well, personally.
I think technically were all "fanboys" hence the reason sites like this exist & give us this forum. I guess my biggest problem is that enough of the fundamental stuff is broken, that it really detracts from what this franchise could be, part of me (at 40 yrs ) thinks that I could go back to school tomorrow, learn a new trade( programming) & be able to create a better product than the huge machine that is ea. and do all of that before, ea could figure out their on product. Now I know that's not reality & have no idea if I could do that job, & have mad respect for you guys. Sometimes it's so far beyond what you do or can do, decisions get made 4 levels above your pay grade, & chances are they know little about coding & even less about college football.

Gm was destroyed by bean counters, the same will eventually bring down the EA's of the gaming industry if they don't continue to innovate, & push the envelope. Gm is rebounding with a little help & by building what the customer wants. Hopefully ea gets the message before its too late.

Jb
Old 05-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #24
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
3d fans. I know lots of people want this. To be honest, having super detailed fans does nothing for me. I wonder what kind of graphical performance impact that would have with current day hardware.
3D fans were done in Backbreaker. I thought it had by far the best looking crowd of any football game. Physics were also done in Backbreaker. Backbreaker failed in the one area that EA actually does a decent job at.... AI. Backbreaker artificial intelligence was just awful which killed a promising game. I still play it some due to the physics and how beautiful it looks when the AI actually gets things correct.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »