Home

NCAA Football 13 Recruiting Database (TSO)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Recruiting Database (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 13 Recruiting Database (TSO)

It's good that it got changed, but geez were they just going to let this go another year? It kinda says something about their knowledge of football too
Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #18
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
The bigger question is whether or not this is just a cosmetic issue. In other words, does it really matter on the field for gameplay?

Does weight matter in EA's football games? I've yet to see that it does.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #19
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

A 6'4 175 pound receiver in high school is not unrealistic. There are several guys in the current rivals 100 that are almost that size.

The big issue is that the guys don't gain weight (only a few pounds in some instances) and their size really doesn't relate to their attributes.

There should be some kind of weight training in the off-season where you can bulk up some guys. It would actually be kind of fun to go after a 6'4 200 pound defensive end, and weight train him for five years, and after his redshirt senior season have him be a 6'4 240 pound beast pass rusher.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #20
Banned

WatShot's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
A 6'4 175 pound receiver in high school is not unrealistic. There are several guys in the current rivals 100 that are almost that size.

The big issue is that the guys don't gain weight (only a few pounds in some instances) and their size really doesn't relate to their attributes.

There should be some kind of weight training in the off-season where you can bulk up some guys. It would actually be kind of fun to go after a 6'4 200 pound defensive end, and weight train him for five years, and after his redshirt senior season have him be a 6'4 240 pound beast pass rusher.
In all honesty how hard is it to go into edit players and add weight and set the attributes that you see need be. I know it's the fact that it doesn't do it without you having to go in and do it yourself, but there are workarounds that can be done
Old 05-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #21
Rookie

Buckguy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Just raising the minimum weight isn't good enough. The problem is the weights were completely random for every position. They had NOTHING to do with ratings. That's the problem. A power back could be 175 pounds. A scat back could weigh 230. A run stopping DE for me one year was 6'7" and 197 pounds. These are big problems imo.

They need to keep some of the weight random but tie weight into a few core attributes. For example at RB you could have weight tied into speed, agility, acceleration, trucking and strength. I put together a spreadsheet that would show how this worked
The problem is that you can't tie in attributes to weights as there are too many big Athletes out there now who run 4.3s, 4.4s, or 4.5s that are 200+. for Ex. tOSU has a power back that runs low 4.4s to high 4.3s and he is 235+ but the game is gonna give him a 87-92 speed but give a guy who is 180lbs. with the same speed a 92-95. The main issue is that the game gives random attribute packages to recruits and based on those rating they tell you what type of player they are at that position. Just like if you were to create a player as you change his ratings his player type changes as well. They need to have base set of ratings for each type of player at every position and have it change +/- based on caliber, size, a bit of randomness, and add some form of "true" physical development. This will keep players from being cookie cutter while at the same time giving us what we want in player types that match size & skill. Maybe you still get a 6'4" 185lbs. DE but when he is a Sr. he'll be 6'4" 230lbs. that is something that happens in college football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Shaun, thanks for all the feedback on the site, really getting my hopes up for this year. a question on progression. is random progression in this year or do they all progress pretty much the exact same as last year. you mention it in the column and said you guys had a ton of ideas for next year. I am just curious if all recruits progress almost exactly the same. after about 4 years of recruiting in 12 I could tell you exactly what every guy I landed would be 3-4 years down the road. really brought down the dynasty experience as playing time stats etc had no effect on progression. any info would be great

thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
A power back could be 175 pounds. A scat back could weigh 230.
Can happen. I have seen it with my own 2 eyes
Old 05-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #24
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
What makes this more frustrating is when you import the draft class into Madden and all of a sudden everyone is tweeners in the NFL. It's very unrealistic and makes it less "sim" like in my book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »