Home

Why does ea have a Cinematic/TV style broadcast

This is a discussion on Why does ea have a Cinematic/TV style broadcast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #33
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Why does ea have a Cinematic/TV style broadcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
TV-Style Broadcast angles/cuts give the game a bigger wow factor IMO

Mike Young and the madden guys seem to agree.....

You want people to say "Sh** son its just like I be watching on the TV on Sundays"

^I think that intial relationship is critical in keeping people immersed an engaged in the game....You want to draw a direct comparison to the real thing an withdraw that same joyfulness you get while playing/seeing the game
Great thread OP and I agree but can't figure out why EA refuses to give up entirely on "Beyond Broadcast".

In reference to the bold, I disagree because Young mentioned in one of the many M13 videos or radio interviews that they still want to utilize camera shots unique to Madden that networks would if they could. It is just something about the culture at EA/Tiburon that seems to continue to breed these type of POVs in relation to football.

People should think about how illogical it is for EA/Tiburon to want to utilize expanded camera angles not available for networks, to broadcast EA football games to gamers, while refusing to let gamers have more game play view camera options. LOL

Really I just don't get WTF is going on down there sometimes. The argument for using unauthentic broadcast camera angles in EA football games is because it's a video game so it allows them to present the game to "their" fans in a unique way. However, that sentiment does not extend to those same fans in relation for viewing options for playing.

To recap, the visual area where it makes the most sense to restrict it to preset formats to better mimic the real world, broadcast presentation, they choose to use various camera options that accentuate it being a video game but the visual area it makes the most sense to offer options to actually enhance the video game aspect, game play, they choose to restrict to preset camera views. Bizarro World!! lol
Old 05-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #34
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Great thread OP and I agree but can't figure out why EA refuses to give up entirely on "Beyond Broadcast".

In reference to the bold, I disagree because Young mentioned in one of the many M13 videos or radio interviews that they still want to utilize camera shots unique to Madden that networks would if they could. It is just something about the culture at EA/Tiburon that seems to continue to breed these type of POVs in relation to football.

People should think about how illogical it is for EA/Tiburon to want to utilize expanded camera angles not available for networks, to broadcast EA football games to gamers, while refusing to let gamers have more game play view camera options. LOL

Really I just don't get WTF is going on down there sometimes. The argument for using unauthentic broadcast camera angles in EA football games is because it's a video game so it allows them to present the game to "their" fans in a unique way. However, that sentiment does not extend to those same fans in relation for viewing options for playing.

To recap, the visual area where it makes the most sense to restrict it to preset formats to better mimic the real world, broadcast presentation, they choose to use various camera options that accentuate it being a video game but the visual area it makes the most sense to offer options to actually enhance the video game aspect, game play, they choose to restrict to preset camera views. Bizarro World!! lol
Excellent point, and is proof to why alot of the reasons/excuses they use seem to come off as bs.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Where are you all hearing/reading these sentiments about EAs own unique camera angles? Last time I checked, Madden 12 was fully fleshed out broadcast style. Oh, and may I add, that **** was fire. Gameplay....well thats another story, but the last Madden camera package was spot ON.

That kind of goes against what you're saying there Big F Deal. There wasn't anything "EA" about Madden 12 camera angles. That was ALL broadcast, as it should've been....finally. I highly doubt its going to reverse direction. This year should be even more locked on.

I dont think its being done on purpose by the NCAA team, I think they just haven't touched the camera angles period. Its the same ones I've seen for the longest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #36
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Where are you all hearing/reading these sentiments about EAs own unique camera angles? Last time I checked, Madden 12 was fully fleshed out broadcast style. Oh, and may I add, that **** was fire. Gameplay....well thats another story, but the last Madden camera package was spot ON.

That kind of goes against what you're saying there Big F Deal. There wasn't anything "EA" about Madden 12 camera angles. That was ALL broadcast, as it should've been....finally. I highly doubt its going to reverse direction. This year should be even more locked on.

I dont think its being done on purpose by the NCAA team, I think they just haven't touched the camera angles period. Its the same ones I've seen for the longest.
Not so fast.

EA made a big deal about their "cool" replay angles that broadcasters would do if they could about two years ago when they added the ESPN presentation package.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #37
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i feel its a complete waste to get the same thing we see on tv. we should get what we don't see. I want camera in the huddle and hear the qb play call, and how about close up on the oline and dline with the qb calling cadence and lbs yelling and jumping around changing the play. why would we want to see what we watch thursday thru sat during the season. i dont get it. i watch about 5 to ten games a week on broadcast and another 5 to 10 from coaches video and coaches video is 10 times better than broadcast. plus wouldnt you rather hear the field, coaches, fans and player than the broadcast guys? hell you get a way better broadcast from listening to your home team radio guys and watching the game than the broadcast guys. I know for LSU games everyone listens to Hebert during the game and mutes the tv. I think they are missing the boat in the other direction personally. i played college football and the communication is much better and interesting on the field. but i get that you guys want them to go the other direction and have broadcast. Its just been a long time since the broadcast was worth not muting in this game. I think the game breaks for scores will be great and I would love to see at half time and quarter but give me the trench battle, the db's and wr's taking trash after a play. the fans chanting in the stands. I get enough of kirby during the damn week with gameday and his broadcast. put me in the mudd. i want the football, not the fluff
Old 05-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley

Fair enough.

At around the 3:47 mark Mike Young starts discussing the presentation, then at around the 5:27 mark til about the 6:16 mark, he goes into the spiel I am referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKG88...ature=youtu.be

I hope it turns out better than "Beyond Broadcast" but what I stated in my post about the bizzaro notion of expanding camera views for broadcasting but limiting the camera views for playing, doesn't make much sense.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #39
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i feel its a complete waste to get the same thing we see on tv. we should get what we don't see. I want camera in the huddle and hear the qb play call, and how about close up on the oline and dline with the qb calling cadence and lbs yelling and jumping around changing the play. why would we want to see what we watch thursday thru sat during the season. i dont get it. i watch about 5 to ten games a week on broadcast and another 5 to 10 from coaches video and coaches video is 10 times better than broadcast. plus wouldnt you rather hear the field, coaches, fans and player than the broadcast guys? hell you get a way better broadcast from listening to your home team radio guys and watching the game than the broadcast guys. I know for LSU games everyone listens to Hebert during the game and mutes the tv. I think they are missing the boat in the other direction personally. i played college football and the communication is much better and interesting on the field. but i get that you guys want them to go the other direction and have broadcast. Its just been a long time since the broadcast was worth not muting in this game. I think the game breaks for scores will be great and I would love to see at half time and quarter but give me the trench battle, the db's and wr's taking trash after a play. the fans chanting in the stands. I get enough of kirby during the damn week with gameday and his broadcast. put me in the mudd. i want the football, not the fluff
If you wanna hear on the on field action, then just turn down the commentary to 0.

As for the bold, then it seems you want the game to be presented like a movie instead of a simulated tv broadcast.

I think dynasty games should be strictly broadcast, and if EA wants to do the movie/dramatic/on the field stuff, they have can have that for road to glory.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #40
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

not even close to the same. and I do turn the commentary off and the field up to max. sounds like trash cans hitting each other and the crowd is almost quiet. tons of post on the sounds issues. and like i said if you have seen 1 broadcast you have seen them all. but when your on the field its a different war every time. the problem is that we have had some type of broadcast since day one on this game. and well it still sucks. I know you guys want a solid broadcast and I would to if they can do it. its been 24 years and they cant. so lets do football, remember the thing that actually the game is about. how about pans of the players on the field showing the stands. The only time you ever even see the stadium is when you run on field. what a waste of so much in this game. two years ago we got this all new great presentation with espn. its still nothing. we had corso putting on the mascot head, it sucked. Im all for presentation but lets do it the right way. in dyansty mode you playing the part of the coach. what the coach experiences compared to a viewer at home is night and day. if broadcast's were so great we wouldnt go to the game. I wanna feel the presentation of being at the game, not watching it on tv. we are already having to play it on a tv. get original and show us something we havent seen. ive heard this commenting since the beginning. it hasnt worked, unless im wrong and you guys do really like the presentation. which i dont think anyone ever does. so why keep adding a little when it needs a lot. and road to glory is a joke. they need to bring this game to life. not to the booth. go watch sideline footage of a game, theres a reason they don't show much during games. its intense, its football. the battle is on the field, the armchairs are in the booth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »