Home

CPU team getting hosed

This is a discussion on CPU team getting hosed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
CPU team getting hosed

Noticed this just because it affected who I'm facing in the National championship game:

last week of regular season, #2 Iowa vs. #3 Michigan State. Iowa is undefeated, MSU has 1 loss (conf loss). MSU wins, moves up to #2 behind me, Iowa to #5. This is where it gets hairy.

Both teams now have a conference loss, and MSU won the head-to-head, but Iowa goes to the Big Ten Championship game. Anyone know why? ??

Anyway, Iowa beats #9 Penn State by a point, and moves back up to #3 in the polls, ties MSU in the BCS rankings (.994), and is facing me in the BCS championship game!!!

They lose in their last game, MSU stays home, Iowa wins a game they should by 1 point, and jumps back up!

Sucks to be a Spartan, lol. Anyone else notice anything like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
Banned

chipper_kobe's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CPU team getting hosed

It's nice too see the game have just as terrible results as real life BCS games. How much more real can you get?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Noticed this just because it affected who I'm facing in the National championship game:

last week of regular season, #2 Iowa vs. #3 Michigan State. Iowa is undefeated, MSU has 1 loss (conf loss). MSU wins, moves up to #2 behind me, Iowa to #5. This is where it gets hairy.

Both teams now have a conference loss, and MSU won the head-to-head, but Iowa goes to the Big Ten Championship game. Anyone know why? ??

Anyway, Iowa beats #9 Penn State by a point, and moves back up to #3 in the polls, ties MSU in the BCS rankings (.994), and is facing me in the BCS championship game!!!

They lose in their last game, MSU stays home, Iowa wins a game they should by 1 point, and jumps back up!

Sucks to be a Spartan, lol. Anyone else notice anything like this?
The only way that this happens in real life is if there is a 3rd team in the tie breaker.

Say Michigan St beat Iowa, Iowa beat Ohio St, and Ohio St beat Michigan St. These are each of the teams only conference loss. I don't know how they settle the tiebreaker (I think it is whoever is highest in the BCS Rankins, but I'm really not for sure).

But I had something happen to me that pissed me off more. Me and some friends were in our first year of an online dynasty. I was Florida and basically redshirted my whole team. I didn't redshirt Chris Rainey and he was my everything. My #1 rusher, receiver, and punt/kick returner. I set so many unreadable records, led the Heisman the whole year, and ended up with almost 10,000 All Purpose Yards. And I'm undefeated and the #1 team at the time. I advance to the week it announces the winner.........and I DONT WIN THE HEISMAN. One of my friends who plays with Oregon has LaMichael James with 2500 All Purpose Yards and somehow wins the Heisman over me. I was so mad that I wanted to break my game. How that's possible I'll never know, but it caused me to think the awards were all nonsense and pointless to the game. Never even payed attention to them after that.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
The only way that this happens in real life is if there is a 3rd team in the tie breaker.

Say Michigan St beat Iowa, Iowa beat Ohio St, and Ohio St beat Michigan St. These are each of the teams only conference loss. I don't know how they settle the tiebreaker (I think it is whoever is highest in the BCS Rankins, but I'm really not for sure).

But I had something happen to me that pissed me off more. Me and some friends were in our first year of an online dynasty. I was Florida and basically redshirted my whole team. I didn't redshirt Chris Rainey and he was my everything. My #1 rusher, receiver, and punt/kick returner. I set so many unreadable records, led the Heisman the whole year, and ended up with almost 10,000 All Purpose Yards. And I'm undefeated and the #1 team at the time. I advance to the week it announces the winner.........and I DONT WIN THE HEISMAN. One of my friends who plays with Oregon has LaMichael James with 2500 All Purpose Yards and somehow wins the Heisman over me. I was so mad that I wanted to break my game. How that's possible I'll never know, but it caused me to think the awards were all nonsense and pointless to the game. Never even payed attention to them after that.
did he have more touchdowns then you? it was in a different game, but i had a running back that didnt break 1000 yards rushing but had over 30 touchdowns to win the heisman. that year i was running a spread passing game, but i didnt have any real big time receivers so throwing in the redzone could get tricky. i audible alot, in fact every down pretty much. so i audible to running plays and this rb would always get me into the endzone.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
did he have more touchdowns then you? it was in a different game, but i had a running back that didnt break 1000 yards rushing but had over 30 touchdowns to win the heisman. that year i was running a spread passing game, but i didnt have any real big time receivers so throwing in the redzone could get tricky. i audible alot, in fact every down pretty much. so i audible to running plays and this rb would always get me into the endzone.
I think I almost tripled him in touch downs. I think I had 91 Total TD's to his maybe 38?

There isn't any possible way I shoulda lost it. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

OVR: 0

it's been stated that the heisman doesn't get awarded to the right guy the first time through; you have to sim it, exit out, come back & only then does the right heisman guy get the award.

suuuuuuuper dumb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »