Home

Would anyone want Editable Rivalries?

This is a discussion on Would anyone want Editable Rivalries? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Would anyone want Editable Rivalries?

In my Rice dynasty (just for fun; too easy playing as Texas b/c of recruits), I built them up so they're a top program in the Big 12, and it seems I'll always play TCU every year. Pretty much every year it's a top 5 matchup for both, but it's never a rivalry. I am completely on board for this idea.
Go Mavericks!
Go Rangers!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I seem to remember some different ideas about this same topic coming up last year at this time -- heading into '12.

The one I recollect the most -- perhaps it's simply the one I liked the most -- was tied into custom scheduling. Something along the lines of putting someone on your schedule for X number of consecutive years, and going home and home with the series, builds up a secondary rival that blossoms into a standard rival with X+Y years of continuation. If you let the rivalry slip it drops down a level (standard --> secondary, or secondary --> none).

Would love to have this as my secondary dynasty is UCLA who is one of the few schools I've seen with only 1 rival, an obvious hinderence when it comes to recruiting visits (sucks having no home rivalry game against USC every other year). Would've loved to develop a UCLA-Miami, or UCLA-Boise rivalry.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

For those that want this added to the game.

Does this mean you want the game to schedule the team you edited to be your rival every year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
For those that want this added to the game.

Does this mean you want the game to schedule the team you edited to be your rival every year?
For me, no. I just want the game to recognize them as a rival so that when we play it gets counted as a Rivalry Game. I can handle when I schedule them myself.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #13
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

This is actually a really really good idea. I'd understand no specific commentary...maybe a generic "these rivals match up today" at the beginning of the game but yeah it's annoying inheriting rivals using TB
Old 05-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
Rookie

NDGipper32's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't even care about commentary or any of that. Having some acknowledgement would be nice I guess, but even if it were a generic reference that would suffice.

I would just love to have the ability to make new rivals with teambuilder teams as well as teams already in the game. it would be immensely entertaining and infinitely replayable. I would want it to go a step further however, and would love to be able to create a rivalry game trophy or something like that. Like when North Dakota State plays South Dakota state for the Dakota Marker every year. Or the NDSU-UND rivalry from years past where they play for the nickel.

Having the ability to not only make new rivalries but to assign them a created trophy or maybe even a generic symbol of the rivalry would be spectacularly fun and would always have me coming back for more. Maybe a pipedream but it sure would be a hell of a lot of fun.

Current Dynasties ('14):
Playing: Year 6, New Mexico State Aggies 0-0. Week 1.

('11)
Idle: Year 9, Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0. Preseason.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #15
Rookie

mjwickstrom1's Arena

OVR: 1

Other then having this in the game for Tembuilder purposes, it'd also be nice to edit rivalries after doing some conference realignment. Editable rivalries are a must!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I'd like to be able to edit any schedule within dynasty that I choose. Set up some marquee matchups in games that I'm not playing but would like to see the outcome of.

On top of that after year 1, where the games are authentic to the real life schedule (minus neutral site showdowns) things tend to get a bit wacky. I wouldn't mind going through random schedules and changing things up to make it feel fresh. Not just for my team but all teams, user and non-user control.

Add neutral site games and that would be a great feature for us sim guys.

Anyone feel this way or want this feature? I've asked for years, even sent in letters and emails to EA. No response.

Will this ever happen? Could it happen? I'm not a computer programmer so I'm not sure how hard this would be to implement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »