Home

Predict the top 25 best team ratings for NCAA '13

This is a discussion on Predict the top 25 best team ratings for NCAA '13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #65
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Idk Urban will probably be good he has won everywhere he has went...

As far as arguing what OSU should be rated I'm still just baffled people think the 100th something offense in the nation should be a High B or a A on offense just because they are a year older. I'm telling its just because they are Ohio State and high recruit classes they think they automatically deserve high grades no matter what

If you could go back and re rate every team after they finished the season they would be a C+ on offense no doubt in my mind but I forgot a off season bumps you up almost 2 letter grades because you are older...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #66
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Predict the top 25 best team ratings for NCAA '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Idk Urban will probably be good he has won everywhere he has went...

As far as arguing what OSU should be rated I'm still just baffled people think the 100th something offense in the nation should be a High B or a A on offense just because they are a year older. I'm telling its just because they are Ohio State and high recruit classes they think they automatically deserve high grades no matter what

If you could go back and re rate every team after they finished the season they would be a C+ on offense no doubt in my mind but I forgot a off season bumps you up almost 2 letter grades because you are older...
I would say a B to a B+ is more than reasonable. Not only are they a year more experienced. They also don't have a lingering distraction over their heads, a firing of a coach that stunned everyone when the news of the distraction came out, no waiting on guys to get off of a suspension, oh and a new Urban Meyer offense being implemented... So yea, the offense definitely shouldn't be any lower than a B...
Old 05-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #67
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
I would say a B to a B+ is more than reasonable. Not only are they a year more experienced. They also don't have a lingering distraction over their heads, a firing of a coach that stunned everyone when the news of the distraction came out, no waiting on guys to get off of a suspension, oh and a new Urban Meyer offense being implemented... So yea, the offense definitely shouldn't be any lower than a B...
When has any year 1 coaches offense just been great? Learning a new system is not easy...

But like I said over and over if you think one of the worst offenses in the nation deserves almost a A on offense just because they are older then that's your opinion.. I'm talking about what they deserve not what EA will give them.

Heck Florida and OSU's IMO could not argue if they got a B- on offense. They were poor poor and shouldn't be no where near a A on that side off they ball.. Look at all the other offenses in the nation that were better they should get AAAAx10 then
Old 05-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #68
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
When has any year 1 coaches offense just been great? Learning a new system is not easy...

But like I said over and over if you think one of the worst offenses in the nation deserves almost a A on offense just because they are older then that's your opinion.. I'm talking about what they deserve not what EA will give them.

Heck Florida and OSU's IMO could not argue if they got a B- on offense. They were poor poor and shouldn't be no where near a A on that side off they ball.. Look at all the other offenses in the nation that were better they should get AAAAx10 then
It's not a matter if we can be great. We just can't be any worse with Urban calling the plays. I never said we have an A offense neither. I said we deserve nothing higher than a B+ a few posts up... We possibly have A potential, but we're not there yet. Far too young...
Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #69
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
It's not a matter if we can be great. We just can't be any worse with Urban calling the plays. I never said we have an A offense neither. I said we deserve nothing higher than a B+ a few posts up... We possibly have A potential, but we're not there yet. Far too young...
Ya the top 25 teams could base everything off potential and be in the A's

Based off how bad they were and coming into this year there is no argument but you saying the team should be good just because they are older. They were 100th and something even if they increase by 50% that would still be 50th in the nation and that in no way deserves more than a B

B- offense enough said
Old 05-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #70
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Ohio State's offense was awful due to a coaching staff in flux (people forget, Tressell called most of the plays..), a freshman QB (let's not forget how bad Bauserman was), and a very young, inexperienced group of WR's. Once Posey came back, you saw the passing game start to make some strides. Urban Meyer is not just a run of the mill offensive mind. He's one of the best in college football. I look for Ohio State to show flashes of brilliance on offense, but be inconsistent this year...but contend for a national title in 2013. That defense is shaping up to be extremely nasty...especially up front.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #71
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Neither tOSU or UF will be rated lower than a B on offense. EA just won't do it.
I can't believe this thread is still going. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #72
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiiLe HigH
Before Urban got to Florida the SEC wasn't the same SEC as we see today he started the whole SEC speed and what do you think he'll do at Ohio St.??? Hmmm the only thing stopping him is the lack of scholarships due to the infractions.

It took Urban Meyer to change Ohio State's recruiting ranking which was probably just in the top-25 (maybe even outside top-25) and top-5 in like 3 months if Urban wants a kid he'll throw everything at him even those who are verbally committed.
Nick Saban has been a more dominant recruiter than Urban Meyer. I mean Ohio St fans can be excited all they want and Meyer will make them better. But unless Nick Saban leaves Alabama, they are going to be the most dominant team in college football basically year in and year out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »