Home

NCAA 12 is unplayable

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 is unplayable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 12 is unplayable

It can be frustrating. I'm trying to build up Army. With AA sliders it's too easy to run the ball. But on Heisman, it's close to impossible. Right now I'm scoring over 28 pts per game and haven't had a game where my RB didn't crack 200 yards. they need to mesh the difficulty a little better.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
NCAA 12 was my most least played NCAA game ever.

Traded it in around October or so.

It was playable. But it was still broken.

I've played with broken toys before. I just didn't have the energy to keep playing NCAA 12 though.
I stopped playing it after about a month.....

It was the biggest let down in the series for me to this date. The only way i've enjoyed it is in coach mode where the game just seems to play much better without any human interaction.

It sounds crazy but for me personally playing NCAA 12 the same way i played NFL Head Coach has given me the best realism out of the game and made up for some of the $60 bucks i spent on it.

I kept NCAA 11 and that has been my favorite game of the series since NCAA 06.....I still ROCK that game about 2-3 times a week with old school classic rosters.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #19
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Why are you calling four verticals? You expect realism when you call a hail mary in a random situation?

Hell, if you called 4 verticals in a real game the defense would adjust within 2 seconds of the snap and you'd have 4 DB's going to the endzone with the WR's.

Do you expect to call a hail mary in the 1st quarter and the CPU be caught in a man blitz with 8 guys in the box? Come on dude.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
Why are you calling four verticals? You expect realism when you call a hail mary in a random situation?

Hell, if you called 4 verticals in a real game the defense would adjust within 2 seconds of the snap and you'd have 4 DB's going to the endzone with the WR's.

Do you expect to call a hail mary in the 1st quarter and the CPU be caught in a man blitz with 8 guys in the box? Come on dude.

4 verts isn't a hailmary and is actually a fairly common play all.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #21
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS

do you have any clue the difference between hail mary and 4 verts ? they have one thing in common, being that they are stretching the field vertically, however you put three men in trips and all three are going for the jump ball in the same area. how is this the same as 4 verts ?

as far as coverage vs 4 verts. lets say you play a basic cover 2 man. meaning you have 2 high safeties and man coverage. nobody gets past the safeties, however 4 receivers meaning they can only double team two of them. that leaves 2 dbacks alone on an island with no help.

lets say 4 verts vs cover 3 zone. corners fall back and cover their third like a safety and one safety covers the middle third. once again, you have 3 guys covering deep vs 4 receivers.

4 vert vs cover 2 zone. once again 2 high safeties trying to cover 4 receivers. do you want me to continue to show you how 4 verts beats different coverages ? only coverage that can contain it is cover 4 zone or any scheme with 4 high defensive backs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
do you have any clue the difference between hail mary and 4 verts ? they have one thing in common, being that they are stretching the field vertically, however you put three men in trips and all three are going for the jump ball in the same area. how is this the same as 4 verts ?

as far as coverage vs 4 verts. lets say you play a basic cover 2 man. meaning you have 2 high safeties and man coverage. nobody gets past the safeties, however 4 receivers meaning they can only double team two of them. that leaves 2 dbacks alone on an island with no help.

lets say 4 verts vs cover 3 zone. corners fall back and cover their third like a safety and one safety covers the middle third. once again, you have 3 guys covering deep vs 4 receivers.

4 vert vs cover 2 zone. once again 2 high safeties trying to cover 4 receivers. do you want me to continue to show you how 4 verts beats different coverages ? only coverage that can contain it is cover 4 zone or any scheme with 4 high defensive backs.
I love when people start talking real football on here. Four verticals has always been a zone beater. Favre to Freeman on the first GB drive in the Superbowl against denver. Frank Reich to Andre Reed to take the lead in the fourth against the Oilers in the greatest comback ever. Hell, Manning to Manningham in last years Superbowl. Thats just off the top of my head. It be great if you could look off safties like when madden had their vision cone but thats another conversation for another time....
Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly

right you can play quarters. 2 high safety man coverage while not necessarily being able to cover all 4 over the top provides some coverage because you're still manned up on everyone. It's a matter of reading the safety or taking the matchup advantage. Depending on personnel on both sides you might get a nice matchup.

The thing with 4 verts is you have to be able to protect to get the play off, best defense against 4 verts is obviously to get pressure.

That being said, as you say there's a world of difference between a 4 vert play and a hailmary. Hell if you get press coverage and you beat it, it might be a very quick throw. 4 vert routes are called with pretty decent frequency.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #24
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I love this game. I've played this more than any other game ever. I do agree that the computer knowing your play is bogative, but it's countered by the fact that the computer is pretty predictable itself.

I do have to facepalm when I line up in a formation to pass and the D is lined up to stop the pass. I audible into a run IN THE SAME FORMATION, and the computer audibles to a 4-6. Ugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »